Knee Problems

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stephenson, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

I've had two really bad knee problems for sometime. My right knee was injured about 7 years ago when I was playing football, I broke away running the ball when a player did a last ditch tackle and dove for my knee. His helmet collided with the side of my right knee, and I experienced possibly the worse pain ever, didn't help either that my coach made me run the ball two more times.

My left knee was injured snowboarding a year ago. I fell hard and my right leg came out of my binding, so my board was stuck in the ground while my body spun, my stationary left leg twisted around. It didn't help either that I kept snowboarding for the rest of the week.

I got X-Rays on my right knee 3 years ago and they came up negative. When I quit playing football, the pain went away, but now it has resurfaced. My right knee only hurts a little bit from time to time, but my left knee has me limping after I go for a run or play a sport. Basically, this has prevented me from doing any sports at all, and I'm only 18.

Suggestions?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You need an MRI, not xrays.

I just tore my ACL about 3 months ago. I hoped it was just a meniscus tear, but no such luck. Which sucks for me, because I'm a goofy guy when it comes to my title as the fastest white guy in my county.

Since you were hit in the knee, I'd bank on an ACL. You don't have to have it repaired by surgery if that's the case, but I'm going to because I want to run again, play basketball, flag football, and softball.

When does it hurt? When you bend it too far? Try to straighten? Oddly enough I had no idea that my acl was tore. I kept running on it. Never felt a pop or any sudden pain, but my knee swelled up about 3 hrs after our game, and the next day when I tried to run it felt like my thigh muscles were about to fall off the bone and my knee was going to collapse.
    I was still wowing with the speed to first though haha. It's just turning that'd kill me.

Anyway- definitely get an MRI. You really never know what it could be. Could even be a blood clot in the back of your knee. But since it was a blow (from the outside?) in football, I'd bet on ACL.
    I tore mine 3 months ago and just found out this past week that it was an ACL tear via the MRI. Also have a lateral ligament tear in my ankle. I guess this is me getting old. Never had any sports injuries in the past.

3. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

My right knee begins to hurt when it gets cold out, it just hurts randomly from time to time. My left knee begins hurting when I'm doing any sort of physical activity. I'll probably make an appointment for a M.R.I.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hmm. Could be arthritis? You never know. Just hold off and in a few years you can get a sweet bionic leg made of titanium.

5. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I have injured my left knee so many times and rehabed it on my own. Finally it blew out on me last Jan. skiing. I had two torn and folded meniscus and a torn ACL. I suspect the ACl had been torn for some time causing instability in the knee.
    Had surgery in Feb and have been doing great, just some stiffness on occassion but it seems to get a little better all the time.
    I agree get the MRI and possibly save yourself some future pain.

btw: I would recommend staying away from running.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sounds like stay away from skiing.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Here's a tip; rock with some knee pads. I've had some knee issues too, but nothing serious enough for surgery or anything. I just rest and try to stay off that leg while its soar. Also, maybe having your knee drained could help. It helped me. I had green puss building up causing pain & swelling. After they sucked out tons of fluid I instantly felt better, not 100% but within days was back to tip top shape. Kind of gross watching it, and that 10" needle wasn't to fun either.

8. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Skiing, sex or beer which should I give up? Now I remember, bowling!

9. latiger12

latiger12 Camp Fodder

Could be...You really need to see a doctor for an MRI..Good Luck.

10. I've always had bad joints. Any kind of running over time always caused knee pain and my elbows literally creaked after a few weeks of pushups.

This may not help you (it works better for some people and some issues than others), but I've been helped by taking Glucosamine & Chondroitin supplements. It isn't an instantaneous fix, but after a few months I could tell a difference. I have been taking them for over a decade now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar