kobe better than jordan?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Fry, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Kobe is the greatest scorer of all time among other things. I mean, just watch the guy get double teamed and still drop 8 out of 12 3 point attempts. He's just insane, I've never seen anyone who can score form anywhere on the court like him.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think he has a chance. He's accomplished more the Jordan ever did at this stage. But he's got to get six titles to even the playing field. Still plenty of time to do that. But Jordan for now.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

"Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson and Patrick Ewing will be among the best centers ever, but none of them affected the league the way Shaq and Tim Duncan have."

I take offense to that. Olajuwon destroyed all five of them. And redefined the position. No one before, or since, has won mvp, defensive player of year, and finals mvp in one season. He averaged 40 on Robinson, Averaged 35 on shaq, and held Ewing to 38% shooting in the Finals. Shaq has had a nice career, but Olajuwon destroyed him in the finals, so he has a head up on him in my book. Hakeem was the more complete player. But I will give shaq some props. Drob and Ewing, and Duncan are not even close. Duncan being in the middle.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Also, Jordan did face freak talent during his run.

Stockton and Malone
    Barkley and KJ
    Drexler
    Payton and Kemp
    Magic and Worthy

He earned his titles. No doubt. He was aging against Utah, but damn, he was old and still found a way to win. His only real failure was against Shaq and Penny.

6. Fry

care to elaborate, or is it because you're a bulls fan?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I will when you do.

8. Fry

right now he has a team that should have a lottery pick in the playoffs. i think the article makes my case for me anyhow, all i would be doing is repeating it.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So does Dwight Howard.
    Most teams without their best players would be a lottery team, excluding Dallas, Chicago (no real best player), Detroit, Miami, Phoenix and San Antonio.

Jordan played in an era with better players, better defenders and not as offensive minded as it is today.

Career stats are not close.

MVPs are not close.

Championships are not close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar