KOBE is MVP!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by KTOWN TITAN, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Still thought Chris Paul should have gotten it, but can't argue too much with this decision.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Kobe is closing in on the unthinkable, Michael Jordan.

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Yea pretty close. Jordan had 5 mvps by the time he was 35 including 6 finals mvps. Kobe's almost 30 so he's going to have a very impressive next 5 years i guess. I also really don't see the lakers winning 3 more titles in that time.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

all i can say is, it's about time.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

How about if you compare Kobe at 30 to Jordan at 30 and make a fair comparison. Then let's talk.

Wait, let me do it for you.

Kobe: 3 Titles, MVP
    Jordan: 3 Titles, 3 MVP

Are you going to tell me that isn't close. Seriously. If the Lakers win this year, Kobe pulls ahead in the race.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

The difference in 3 titles is jordan was the leader of the team while kobe had shaq putting up 30 and 15 every night. Come on man, kobe's a great player, best in the nba by far but don't compare him to jordan now that he has one mvp. Jordan finished in the top 3 in mvp voting from 1986-1998 not counting his retired years obviously. Bryant has finished in the top 3, 3 times now.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm just about the biggest Kobe fan, but he's not Jordan. He is the closest we've ever seen, but his career isn't as impressive when you look at the numbers.
    But Jordan had a storybook career. It was like someone was telling a story, and he starred in it. Retiring, coming back to win it all for his father that died (one game being fathers day? I think), and all that. Just too crazy.

But being 2nd to MJ isn't an insult. They play almost exactly the same. If you ever watch the videos on youtube showing highlights of both, you'll see it. Like clones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar