Kony 2012

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by avvie, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Plenty of organizations exist to help others, its just a matter of finding something that appeals to you. I agree, people need to help others who are less fortunate, and not in a "food stamps" and "unemployment" way. Some people just flat out do not want to help others, its a shame but it is their right.

Some of the things grocery stores waste are insane, it is disgusting seeing how much and what they throw away. I bet tons of jobs could be made just going through and recycling things that can be reused and help others.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It feels like there is more prohibition on trying to help these people when it should be easy.

My girlfriend and I are hoping, once we get past our big holiday, to start volunteering at places around the world.
    Obviously the main reason for this is we want to help and experience the world but it seems so much easier and fulfilling to actually be there and help rather than wonder if anything I donate actually gets there.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree completely. I am not sure of what their motivation was, but people could easily still help instead of being so venomous.

I think I mentioned it earlier that this was on my bucket list. I have no idea where or when but I really want to do this.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

You can thank the US Bar Association for that. One homeless guy got sick once, and they sued the F out of everybody in the food distribution business.

If you want to do a compassionate favor to mankind, kill trial lawyers.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/05/17/us-srilanka-war-idUSTRE54D1GR20090517

thats how you conduct a counter insurgency. They definatly learned from the Brits and the second Boer war

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea I did a paper over them a year or so ago.

The whole situation was amazing, looking at exactly they had access to is surreal.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

http://www2.invisiblechildren.com/financials

I already posted this once. These are their financial statements. I do wish they could throw in that 16-19 percent are spent on worldwide salaries, but we cant really expect people to care, they just want to find something to whine about.

They are audited every year and are in full compliance with the nonprofit status.

Heres a pretty little chart for people who hate reading

http://www.invisiblechildren.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/images/breakdownofexpenses.jpg

According to THEM, they spend 80 percent on programs. 16.24 percent on administration and management costs, and 3.22 percent on direct fund raising.

They spend 1.4-1.7 million on salaries. They should work for FREE!! DAMN THEM!!!

Actually, just read this

http://invisible.tumblr.com/

Its disputes and pretty much shuts people down on the outlandish BS that comes out.

This is almost as bad as trying to defend Catholic Priests. People are just as ignorant before spewing venom

None of this was directed at you. However if you want to throw a random link complaining about something, I figure everyone has the right to know every aspect of it, instead of some nonsense posted just to bash them.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

If only people were concerned about the finances of all other overseas endeavors.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

People are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar