Kuharsky nailed this one

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoT, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Keep hope alive...

CB Pacman Jones
    CB Nick Harper
    NB Cortland Finnegan
    FS Michael Griffin
    SS Chris Hope

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

everybody's gotta be a hater. I understand if Lamont goes in there and stinks it up, then grill him. He started all last year, we seemed to do alright. As far as I'm concerned, LT has shown more potential at safety than Roydell Williams at WR, and everyone thinks he is the second coming.

Lowry makes good special teams plays, there's no reason to usurp anyone until it is warranted. Lowry hasn't done much.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lamont has been nothing but a hack the past 2 years.

Don't know where you get that from, but regardless we haven't seen Roydell as a starter, we've seen Lamont.

It's terrible.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Keep dreaming..

Griffen will be our right starting corner against the jags..He is a corner for the rest of his career because even if his overall cover skills are no better than a 6.5-7 out of 10 his physical play and nose for the ball will make him a valuable asset there. WRs will look at him as the prince of darkness for his physical play and he creates turnovers. Already has 2 ints and a forced fumble in just a short time. Griffen is the type of corner that will get picks by coming off of his man and helping someone else.

Look how he is going to upgrade our run defense. If we are in a cover 2 type defense griffen is like an extra linebacker on the outside. He's only been playing there for a few weeks and he looks like that is his regular position.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Roydell second coming?

Who has said anything like that?

The most hyperbole directed roydell's way is that he may be the best among the mediocre throng of WRs we have.

6. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

I was just wondering if you happen to watch any local High School football games? Watched any of a small or bad HS team, I have and I will tell you something, if you don't believe me check it out for yourself then we will talk.

Durring HS games there is always that 1 kid who is running around blocks to try and make the takle. They run themselves out of the play and then are the last to jump on the pile, but they are the ones who get their number called on who made the takle.

Go see a game and look for this. When you see it take a mental note. Then go watch a replay of a Titans game and you will realize that Lamont is that guy. Trust me just watch.

He avoids the blockers and runs himself out of the play. On coverage he is constatly getting beat and is late to the ball. I wonder how much better Hill would have been with some safety help.

I have even began to think that the reason Lamont gets beat and is late is because of his dreads. You will laugh, but really think about it seriously. Periphial vision is important when on the field. Watch the game film. His hair is always in his face flying around. I think he just doesn't see the recievers running there routs because his field of vision is obscurred.

I could care less about his 3 int per season avg. If they had a stat for TD given up he would be averaging 16, at least 1 per game, maybe more. I would rather have a safety with 1 int per season and only 5 TDs given up.

And finally watch the ints he has had. He did not get those by breaking on the ball and jumping the route or just taking it from the reciever. He got those ints because the opposing QB made a really bad throw, or miscomunication on the route between reciever and QB. Most of his ints are thrown directly to him by the QB. Those are not ints they are required catches.

Like i said if you don't believe me watch some HS games and a bad safety and compare the vid with a Titans vid. The only difference you will find is a different uniform color and more nasty *** unwashed hair, which blocks his field of vision.

:tj:

Lamont & Opposing Recievers
    :flamegun:

PS. Click the link and watch the vid Lamont is 2nd DB from left, its the only vid I could find of him. Youtube tends to show highlights, if that tells you anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4TJqCbEgGs

He flat out sucks.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

LT just seems lost out there. I can't remember one interception he has ever made by breaking on the ball. He has some "cleanups" at the end of the game with desperate passes, or ones where the QB got hit. He was toasted in the Ravens game for an easy 7, and in the Colts game also. He has looked better this year, but I am not ready to concede he is not going to resort to his old habits of being lost and missing coverages. I also agree about that hair.....geez it's nasty.

Lowry is a bit disappointing. I had higher hopes. He missed several tackles in the Pats game.

Griffin is very athletic, but still lacks technique. He got turned around pretty good a few times. Not easy for a safety to learn to backpeddle I guess, but his run support is fantastic.

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

BLT is horrrrrrrrrible.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Thompson is playing better now because our entire secondary is better. We have upgraded with Harper and Griffin.

Pac missed a few assignments his rookie season that made LaMont look bad, and Hill missed a few assignments and played off too much last year.

LaMont is not the greatest safety, but I'm not as down on him as others are. I think you can expect him to play solid as a starter with the others he has around him now.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

haha gunny, you don't know anything about sticking up for a DB who isn't very good now do you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar