Kuharsky nailed this one

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoT, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

So what your saying is that Lamont is our weekest link, and I think we have all come to that conclusion, hence why we are talking down about him.:wall:

So think how our secondary would be if our safety was helping better our other DBs instead of our other DBs helping to better our safety. I believe that is why his possition is called the SAFETY, and is also why they use the phrase SAFETY HELP, and not Corner Help.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You can thank our pass rush for making our entire secondary look better right now.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This has always been Fisher's main flaw. Here's another thing, one of our DT's just took a smack in the face with the signing of Simon. Regardless that the D-Line has played well in the preseason, we just signed a vet - and in or out of shape, he's going to take someone's spot immediately. Even if he isn't better. Even if he doesn't show he's better, Fisher will play him over someone more deserving just because he was good at one time. It's the way he's always worked.
    You can make the argument with many players. Even Volek vs McNair when the offense was struggling to get anything going, McNair goes down (already past his prime at this point), Volek comes in and the offense looks better than it EVER had. Of course, Mac comes back and the offense returns to it's mediocre state. Many coaches would've sat McNair, told him to rest up, get healthy, but Fisher? We all knew it was up to McNair who started, not the coach.
    Eddie was the same way, being shown up by backups for far too long. Everyone on every Titan forum knew George was finished far sooner than Fisher ever seemed to. How are we, the fans, catching on to weak links faster (much faster) than the coaching staff? We're doing it again with Thompson. We did it with Reynaldo all last season. It worries me, but this is Jeff Fisher's downfall and I suppose all coaches have at least one. Unless, the coach is Belichick of course.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat, maybe it's reese who has the flaw if he can't draft a quality safety.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Preach on. You nailed it.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Lowry is the starter..

He played with the starting unit and LT with the 2nd team. All this for nothing it seems almost certain lowry will start next sunday..

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Tank Williams was good before the injury.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tank was "pretty good" but he wasn't a stud. We had robertson and bishop already when reese and fisher took over. Schulters was a free agent pickup as was hope so credit reese with that. Maybe bobby myers would have been good had he not had the knee but our best safeties.

Let's hope we can add lowry to that list of fine players at that position.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You can't go by that....Griffin didn't start either...but I bet he's on the field Sunday.

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Damn Shame too. I want him backing up. then maybe they'll consider him at FS and pawn off LT on some sucker team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar