Kuharsky on Chris Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I agree on Henry. I think he's looked better in camp and at the game Saturday (except for that move in the open field). He won't be released so we better hope he continues to improve.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Woolfolk was pretty good his rookie season before injury, why would he get cut?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What is this board coming to?

How childish. Let's cut our best back so the backups can play more. :sad2:

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Absolutely correct and ben troupe caught 33 passes his rookie year yet someone said the same thing about him.

You see gunny it is not about reality as to what happened rather it is about perceptions.

5. Nine

Nine Starter

I think injuries were Woolfolk's downfall. He spent so much time rehabbing injuries, he wasn't able to develop his skills. This prevented him from developing any real sense of confidence. Without skills or confidence, he was screwed.

Troupe was a one-trick pony from day one. He was a lousy blocker, and wasn't particularly inclined toward making tough catches in traffic...both of which are important roles for a TE. However, Troupe had a gift for stretching the field and making plays with the ball in his hands. He was basically a WR in a TE body.

Heimerdinger figured this out about halfway through Troupe's rookie year, and put him in a position to utilize his strengths....and not surprisingly, Troupe put up some good numbers down the stretch. But then Dinger left, and Norm Chow came in. Chow insisted on using him as a more traditional TE (a la Erron Kinney or Ben Hartsock), a role for which Troupe was a horrible fit. As a result, his performance and confidence went into the toilet.

I still believe that, if used correctly, Troupe could be a decent playmaking TE. But if Gruden is looking for him to be a well-rounded do-anything TE, he's in for a big disappointment.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Troupe is a great back up.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Wow. Way to completely ignore my point. What I was saying is that CHen and CJ could be good if LenWhale got to FA and got a huge contract from someone. I don't want him to go, but it's always good to a Plan B.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why do I imagine you saying that with white face paint and green hair?

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

There's not more than 5 WR's worth keeping in this lot. Even if there are injuries, they can pluck some off practice teams that couldn't do any worse...

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that really is the painful truth. after gage, jones and mccareins there is nothing to get excited about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar