Kuharsky suggests Schaub better than Manning and Locker might bust

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Wowwwww. That's all I have to say.

2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

He said odds are good that Locker or Gabbert will bust. History suggests that one of them likely will. Hope it's Gabbert! Think it will be Gabbert.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

And ESPN is supposed to be the end all of sports broadcasting??

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

See, it's statements like this that really make me shake my head at PK. He makes sense a lot of the times but then sometimes he tends to over-think certain things and ends up missing the big picture. If we weren't talking about one of, if not the greatest QB of all time here then the age argument would make a lot more sense. But Schaub isn't even half as cerebral as Manning. So even if Schaub all of a sudden "gets it" as PK is suggesting, he'll still be pretty far behind Manning in the mental side of the game IMO. And I don't think he'll be able to close that gap with supposed superior physical skills. Give me a 38 year old Manning over a 33 year old Schaub any day of the week. It's not like we're talking a ten year age difference here.

And he's not exactly going out on a limb by saying that at least one of two rookie QBs MIGHT bust. But to be fair, I don't think he's pretending to be.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Most people predicted Gabbert to be a bust like 10 months ago.. lol

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

F*** Kuharsky! Schaub's good but Peyton's in a league of his own.

Schaub hasn't even sniffed the playoffs yet and I don't really see Houston getting that much better if anything their running game will probably be worse after people find out Foster is just another one hit wonder in Kubiak's system.

I think a lot will depend on how much the neck injury effects Peyton's play. It could be a lot worse than he's making it out to be.

As for Locker I think most of it depends on who we bring in during FA. If we go after a guy like Hasselbeck then I think that Locker still has a good chance of getting in around midseason because Matty has been known to bog down and bottom out. He's good but he can get in the groove of lofting up chingo picks.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Does anyone really respect Kuharsky?

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I'm sorry but did anyone catch Manning last season? Lowest QB rating since 2002, Worst YPA since his rookie season, MOST attempts in his career (by 50+), worst TD:INT since 2002.

The only thing that really stayed steady was his completion percentage, only beating 2007 for recent stats.

I'm not saying Schaub has passed Manning by any means, but lets not imagine Manning as some great monster of the NFL. He's clearly on his downhill end in terms of ability, no matter how genius the guy is (and he is BRILLIANT). Brady has passed him up in a big way in terms of passing ability with guys like Rodgers and Rivers not far behind. Schaub had an okay year along with Roethlisberger. It's not a crazy stretch to think he's one of the guys who emerges.

Do I think that happens? No. Brady, Rivers, and Rodgers will be ruling the roost of QBs for the next couple years and then Schaub will hit his downward slide himself IMO. If Ben pulls it together, he might be able to be considered a top QB as well but that offense along with his tendencies make me think otherwise.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Let's be fair... Manning's receiving corp seemed to change on a regular basis. That didn't help.

So was this due to bad passes or bad receivers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar