Kuharsky suggests Schaub better than Manning and Locker might bust

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Gabbert is the easiest bust call since Jamarcus Russell.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I gave Titan Jeff an it sucks for still not getting it even after things were clarified by a poster who actually did bother to read the article. Shocked that Riverman of all people didn't comprehend the article.

From the beginning of an incredibly brief article you see he is talking about 2014!!!!!

As for Locker and Gabbert going bust? I wouldn't be shocked if both go bust and are no more valuable if even less valuable to their respective teams in 5 years than Stanzi and Mcelroy who were drafted in the 5th rd. Drafting Locker with the 8th pick was a reach.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He has been doing that. He took an otherwise 8-8 type team to the super bowl 2 years ago and made the playoffs last year.

I'm not sure Caldwell is all that great a head coach either.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Thanks for the call-out RT. Sorry to disappoint but it does appear that indeed only one of us comprehended the article. PK started by stating "Projecting the best 30-and-over player in my division by the start of the 2014 season. ut quarterback Matt Schaub will be three years more experienced and as a 33-year old quarterback with 10 years in the league. I envision him right at the peak of his powers and the most dominant 30-or-over player in the AFC South when that season kicks off. "

Check your own ability to comprehend the article Roll Turd :)

That means over the next few seasons. This thread is titled "Kuharsky suggests Schaub better than Manning and Locker might bust" and not "Kuharsky suggests Schaub is better than Manning now and Locker might bust.

I started the thread because I think it is an immense statement to think that either during the next few years that Schaub's skill set will surpass Manning's. IMO- it just won't happen unless Manning develops some form of dementia. Schaub hasn't shown anything in 10 years (as opposed to Manning) to suggest he will suddenly click both physically, and more importantlymentally, to surpass Manning. Also, Schaub's game injury history is more peppered than Manning's. I felt that was thread-worthy for discussion.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Tide, I read the article. My comments were directed to another poster saying Mannings numbers LAST season pointed to a decline. I didn't think so.

6. kaz

kaz Special Teams Standout

If Schaub were to overtake Manning as the man in the division, it would have a lot more to do with Peyton regressing with age than Schaub stepping up.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush 49er fan

Gabbert will almost certainly bust. Locker, I'm not sure about. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a bust, I also wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as a decent starter.

And Schaub>Manning? Surely he's not talking in regards to playing quarterback. :makefun2:

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nice try river boy. I guess if we go far enough out there we can envision any QB being better than Manning since he would not be in the league.

We have 3 seasons yet to play before THAT SEASON begins. Players do get older and eventually retire.

Now tell me it depends on what the meaning of is, is.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Where in that statement does it mention anything about the future or some other season?

Posters assumed he was saying Schaub is better NOW!

So instead of apologizing for misleading people you name call and try to act like some slick politician. Shame. :sad2:

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I only responded to you in like form. And I do apologize to those posters that assumed rather than read. :neener2: You're just sore because you weren't able to relieve the perpetual boner you have to find fault with my posts. :shocked: >:( :wall:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar