Kurt Warner considering retirement at end of season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Maybe we can lure him back for 1 more year.
    I'd love to have an above average QB behind center for once since 2005.
    I see Gage possibly making the pro-bowl if we get our hands on Kurt. :brow:

This should also give us enough time to regroup and once again work on rebuilding our offense :rolleyes: and drafting young talent WR's after KFC hits the road, and gump is gumping again in 09.

Could it just be coincidence that our WRs sucked when our QB sucked, and they became average when we brought in an avg QB. Heck we might finally find our diamond in the rough at WR if we bring in a QB who actually is considered good.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The WRs still suck.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

he doesn't fit this coaching staff's philosophy. And if you think KFC is a turnover machine, I'd like for you to meet Mr. Kurt Warner!

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I don't get it. How is Mr. Kurt Warner a bigger "turnover machine" than KFC?

comparing the two, Kurt Warner has a career 104 interceptions vs. 162 TDs.
    Now compare that to KFC who has 175 interceptions vs. 177 touchdowns, and its clear KFC has thrown for more interceptions over his career.

Even if you compare that per attempts, KFC still comes on top.

Yet the only difference is that if you compare TD's per attempt (assuming KW pass attempts were as many as KFC's) , Kurt would have 276 TDs compared to KFCs career 177 TDs.

Now thats what I'm looking at when i compare the two..

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Wow, the numbers are considerably different. I guess I always just think that everytime Warner gets sacked he loses the ball. Didn't he have 4 fumbles last week or against the Jets? I still think he's way too much QB for our system. He would explode with the anticipation of cutting it loose!

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Kurt Warner is the next Favre in terms of retirement contemplation. This is at least his third contemplation...

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Warner was about to retire after last weeks game when he threw the ball over the middle to boldin, setting him up for a potential career threatening injury. But as soon as he heard Boldin's injuries weren't that serious, he had 2nd thoughts. I have no doubt in my mind that this is his last season.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He wasn't going to retire then and there. He was thinking that it could be his last season after he saw what happened to Boldin.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

You're right about him fumbling more often when he gets sacked.
    I guess as long as he's going to score so many TDs and move the ball in the air more consistently, thats would be a risk we should be willing to take.

You're right about the system.. Jeff fisher will make him insane. Especially when we walk into the 3rd quarter with the lead.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Warner should go back to the AFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar