Kvb A Probowler!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanduck77, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i still think Reese should have drawn up a longer deal originally or included a trigger option.

2. Why would KVB have signed a deal like that in the first place??? He wouldn't have...

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why wouldn't he ?

it's not like he set the world on fire in Arizona
    maybe he might've wanted to stay around Dave for awhile
    he only had 4 sacks coming in and 3.5 came in one season (2002)
    he had 0 sacks in '03 (DNP)
    and ,again, ZERO sacks in 16 games in '04

so i doubt he thought "hey I'm gonna go into TN, get double-digit sacks, make it to the ProBowl and get paid "

i think it's more logical to ask "why would Reese offer him that ?"

4. In his case, you sign a minimum deal to showcase yourself. If we had given him a 2 year deal with a good 2nd year salary, it would have lead to 2 likely outcomes:

1) He isn't worth the money and the Titans cut him after 1 season.
    2) He's locked into a second year at less money than he could have gotten as a free agent.

None of those are good for KVB. There's no incentive for him to sign such a deal.

Furthermore, the Titans signed him to a veteran minimum deal. You can't sign a veteran minimum deal unless it's a 1-year deal.

5. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

In a season like the one just endured, this is great news... leverage or not, I'm happy for him, his family or whomever he takes with him to Hawaii and the Titans for gettin a deserving player there!

Now come on back next year and let's do it again... this time we will win more games!

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With the Titans in the cap situation they were in at the time, Reese had few options. KVB got an opportunity he wouldn't have on many other teams and both sides gained from it.

Now the Titans will need to pay up or watch KVB walk which I think will happen.

7. jvanhill

jvanhill Guest

actually...

Actually, KVB was recognized by the fans. Did you realize that he had the 7th highest number of fan votes of any defensive player AFC or NFC?

#) Pos Name, Team Votes
    =============================
    1) ILB Brian Urlacher, Bears 447,145
    2) CB Champ Bailey, Broncos 379,477
    3) DE Dwight Freeney, Colts 374,289
    4) CB Deltha O'Neal, Bengals 373,918
    5) DE Michael Strahan, Giants 348,765
    6) IL Rod Coleman, Falcons 307,839
    7) DE Kyle Vanden Bosch, Titans 292,990
    8) CB DeAngelo Hall, Falcons 287,958
    9) CB Ty Law, Jets 283,449
    10) IL Montae Reagor, Colts 282,891

8. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

It doesn't matter how he got in. Finally, we are getting somebody to the Pro Bowl since what was it 2001 or something. I hope we can keep KVB.

9. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

i dont know if its luck or skill that got him the 12.5 sacks. i just hope he can keep it up, 7th overall defensive isnt bad at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar