KVB Challenging for Franchise Sack Record

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans DE Kyle Vanden Bosch is tied for second in the NFL with 12 1/2 sacks on the season and is closing on the franchise record. In '91, William Fuller had 15 sacks and Jevon Kearse had 14.5 in '99. Elvin Bethea (16) and Jesse Baker (15.5) recorded more in during the '70s but sacks were not an official statistic until '82. "He does not come off the field and plays hard every play. He is deserving of all the recognition he can get," Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said of Vanden Bosch. "He's having a great year for us."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

Take it from a guy that's obsessed with the Colts: You're gonna need to sign a speed rusher to play opposite KVB for next year.

If you look at what Dwight Freeney has done, it's remarkable, but with all the double and triple teams he faces now (after having a KVB esque season) he's lucky to get to the QB more than once every couple games. The solution: NFL sack leader Robert Mathis (whose tackle for loss on Pacman was recently ruled a sack, which put him 1/2 sack ahead of KVB).

Next year, the cat will be outta the bag, and teams will plan for KVB. Whoever your other DE is next year, assuming he's a pass rusher, I'd expect him to have a big year. QB's will roll away from KVB, and O-lines will shift towards him, leaving the other DE one on one most of the time.

Congrats to KVB, he's been a huge bright spot this year for a re-building titan's squad. I'm more than positive that he'll be the cornerstone of a feared defense in a year or so.

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Kyle's gonna have a tough time this week, the Hawks have a great o-line. Especially if they line him up against Walter Jones.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Travis LaBoy?

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Jones plays LT.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Teams have been game planning KVB for weeks now. The Texans saw him earlier this season. Think they didn't do anything to try and slow him down last Sunday?

7. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

You're right, but I'm sure you'll agree that Freeney has seen more double/triple teams throughout the entire year.

I'm not taking anything away from KVB, far from it. Just saying that a good pass rush year is hard to duplicate.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

On that, we agree.

I don't think anyone is trying to put KVB in the same league as Freeney. But he's being productive even with teams scheming to stop him. I'd love to have him a Titan the next few years if he can be anything close to what he is now.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I hope we can resign him, but after this year he will have his options open to him. Can we Tag him?

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He's worth the money for us. He is solid against the run as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar