KVB ESPN.com Tip Sheet article

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He has been the most pleasant part of a season we've had little to be happy about.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We kept hearing from the coaches and team how this guy was going to be a suprise....but I guess I'm still pretty much suprised. I wasn't so sure about him, but I'd like to resign him if he doesn't dig too deep into Bud's wallet.

4. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Hey, I think you have to reward a guy like this. We gave him a shot and he hit it out of the park. This is a business and blah, blah, but if you don't reward a guy who works his butt off for you, then what incentive does everyone else have?

Now, I'm not one for writing my Marines up for awards when they're just doing their job, but when some kid busts his hump to get an airplane in the air...you have to recognize that.

Sometimes it's just good business to overpay a little, IMHO.

5. THE53

THE53 Guest

It says some really good stuff about Shwartz at the end paragraph. Why does it seem like everyone accepts him but the people in this forum?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you've seen the defense play the past five years, right?

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He should be rewarded, but the Titans also gave him this chance. He hadn't done anything so far in the league except look like a bust and tear both acl's. He simply didn't do much in 4 years in Arizona and most guys get big contracts after several years of good production, not just one. I'm all for a fair contract, but I guess maybe this case could be a little harder to decide what's fair?

Put it like this, I can't see him being one of the highest paid DE's though. This year he's still just done very well against below average lines. I'm not denying he's a good player, he looks it. But this team has overpaid in the past and gotten burnt, I'd be very wary of doing it again.

8. danny

danny Guest

The Sporting News mentioned Vanden Bosch this week too. That he's a free agent and all and how other teams have noticed and that Reese will be trying to lock him up.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think we'd have to pay him top-tier DE money to get him to stay. I do think we need to work hard to keep him. His mentality is so helpful on that defense, and he really helps us out keeping pressure of Odom and Laboy. They've gotten some very favorable matchups this season thanks to him. I'd love to see us lock him up, it's well worth the money, just structure the contract carefully, if we provide enough incentives to where he gets paid well if he stays healthy and produces, I think he'd be willing to stay here. I really want to see KVB on this team for years to come. If we resign him, that's my new jersey for next season.

10. THE53

THE53 Guest

Actually, yea, i have. I've seen some of the best run defenses in the league, but now fall victim to the salary cap. Titans have had good defenses during the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar