KVB, Haynesworth, Bironas to the Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Hamlin is atrocious LOL

How in the world he got picked over Jermaine Phillips from Tampa is beyond me.

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

sigh...... no, he isn't.

3. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Bulluck and Mawae are alternates. Anyone want to take another big shot at Merrimans knee? And Al you can do Kevin a favour and take Saturday out in 2 weeks we'll have 5.

4. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Wll since Vince was around the 5th alternate in a year he was handed his "Pro Bowl" on a silver plater and Mario is 2nd alternate I guess it could be argued that Mario is still higher on the list.

KVB sacks by game ---- Marios sacks by game

week 1, 0 sacks ---- 2 sacks
    week 2, 1 sack ---- 0 sacks
    week 3, 0 sacks ---- 0 sacks
    week 4, bye ---- 0 sacks
    week 5, 1 sack ---- 1 sack
    week 6, 0 sacks ---- 0 sacks
    week 7, 1 sack ---- 0 sacks
    week 8, 1 sack ---- 1 sack
    week 9, 1 sack ---- 0 sacks
    week 10, 0 sacks ---- bye
    week 11, 0 sacks ---- 1 sack
    week 12, 1 sack ---- 1 sack
    week 13, 0 sacks ---- 2.5 sacks
    week 14, 3 sacks ---- 1 sack
    week 15, 0 sacks ---- 3.5 sacks

9 Total ---- 13 Total

Mario had 3 multy sack games compaired to KVBs 1 multy sack game. You can say that Mario came on late and you would be right. He did come on late, but he has a multy sack game in week one and KVB didn't even tie him in sacks till week 8 and only passed him for 2 weeks and one of those was the bye week. If you want to say his multy sack games weren't against quality teams remember he had 2.5 in one game against the Titans.

Mario deserved to go to Hawaii.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yet KVB is in the pro-bowl. Also Titans beat the Texans both times this season. Maybe that was some of it.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm not going to argue who deserves it and who doesn't, but the TN game wasn't as impressive as the stats make it seem. Our RT was hobbled and moving slow that game, and he's not quick footed in the first place. Mario beat him around the corner one time. Another time, Mario was unblocked. He did get the half sack up the middle, but I'd say it was also a bit benefited by the scheme of that play. I think he's turning into a good player, let's see if he keeps it up.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I agree, Mario Deserves to go, but so does Fred Taylor. I am not complaining about KVB after all the years Titan players have gotten shaffted.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am pretty certain you have to play for an NFL team to be eligible for the pro bowl.

Clearly that disqualifies any Texan players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar