KVB: "I Feel Like This is My Team Now"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After signing a four-year, $22 million deal with the Titans yesterday, DE Kyle Vanden Bosch was ready to do more on and off the field. "To me, the pressure isn't on me to put up big numbers. The pressure is on me to do everything I can on and off the field to make sure this team wins more games next year," Vanden Bosch said. "Just being here one year, as the new guy coming in, I was pretty quiet. I wasn't very vocal. I don't know that being vocal is my role, but signing a long-term deal, I feel like this is my team now. It is other peoples' team as well, but a lot of it depends on what I can do to help fix what we have. How we play, how we practice and how we prepare for next year is going to be a reflection on me. I am looking forward to having more of a leadership role."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

"Just being here one year, as the new guy coming in, I was pretty quiet."

You'd have to expect that. Especially coming in with his history. Hopefully he can fill that void in veteran defensive leadership we lost with Kevin Carter now. I love Keith, but its obvious after last year he isnt cut out for that role. Thats not a dig at him, just the facts.

3. maximus

maximus Starter

I think KVB is the kind of guy that can be a leader on the defense. His motor is always going full speed and that he can be a good example for our younger players

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Sounds like Laboy is looking up to him. Hopefully he can get closer to KVB's level this year.

5. TommyTitan

TommyTitan Guest

You got to like KVB's attitude about this being his team now. His hard work and dedication can be a blue print to other players, in what you can achieve when you give 100% everyday.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

$22MM will do that for you.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

$22 million will do that for anybody:brow:

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Kyle Vanden Bosch : NFL Teamate, Player, Role Model

KVB has the kind of disposition that more NFL players should have. If there were more players like KVB that took care of their business in the fashion that he does, you wouldn't ever hear people question the league in the way of there being a lack of role models for our youth.
    [​IMG]

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's true. But I bet if he were this good his first four years, he would be a totally different person. He had high hopes his first year, then was served some humble pie when he was hurt then cut. Now he's on cloud 9 again, with his new contract. I think it does players some good being shunned a little. Look at T.O. That guy's head is so big it's about to explode. I bet if he weren't always in the spotlight he wouldn't be so much of a buttdart.

Long story short:most NFL players are spoiled babies that worry too much about their next contract, and neglect everything else. KVB seems like a great guy, and he's one of the "big dogs" now, I hope he stays like this, doesn't turn into a buttdart.

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Sometimes group dynamics dictate that you need certain types of leaders over other ones. For instance, not everyone is a "Ray Lewis"y-type vocal leader. Eddie was one of those guys, Mac was not. Some guys are better suited as "A leader" vice "THE leader". I think Keith is one of those guys. Supremely talented, but it's hard to translate that to get others to perform. Fat Al gets by on talent alone (although he's starting to realize he needs to work). Pacman's a lot of bluster and bravado.

KVB leads by just working harder than most, which can also inspire people to do the same. It's nice to have different leadership styles, for sure. :)

Sorry for the dissertation...hope that made some semblance of sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar