KVB may be just as valuable as Albert?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Watching Albert get owned all night long last night was painful. Even when he wasn't being double teamed, he was standing flat footed and moving nowhere.
    I think KVB being out probably had a huge impact on the line's performance in general.

Liked what little I saw of Jacob Ford, and Tony Brown had a good game. Other than that, our line was looking pretty thin against a terrible o-line.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i don't know how you could have liked what you saw from Ford. he was my guy when we drafted him, but he was easily the weakest link on the field last night. he was blocked by the colts THIRD STRING tight end one-on-one all night.

he eventually started rushing from a two-point stance so he could get a better rush, which then made him run right by manning because he's only got one move and manning would step right up into the pocket where there was no haynesworth because he was triple teamed.

3. Morph

Morph Revolution

I was thinking the same thing about KVB after last night's game. We were definitely giving Manning way too much time on most of his pass attempts. Also, what's up with the worst running attack in the league running all over our defense? They didn't even have Addai. I guess this goes back to missing KVB. I hope he's 100% for GB...

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Bigtitan, I agree that Ford wasn't great, but the point about the 2pt stance being a desperation-like thing is way off. I remember him doing that in the preseason too. I guess he once was a 3-4 linebacker?? Demarcus Ware and Ellis seem to do okay out of it.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I think you guys are under-estimating the impact of Ball's injury.

We had 7 active D-Linemen last night and 1 went done on the first play of the game. That left us with only 1 sub at DE and DT. Our gameplan was to force Indy to have long drives and keep all the plays in front of us. That worked superbly. The longest catch by a WR was 13 yards. But the upshot of that was that our D-Linemen were playing a LOT of football.

Those guys were absolutely shagged very early. Ball was also probably the swing guy, who would help out inside because neither Hayes, Ford or Kearse have the size to play inside.

I think for the rest of the season we'll have 8 D-Linemen active each and every week.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

To me, is that we need both on the field in order to keep either one of them in 1 on 1!
    That's when magic happens!

7. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Well I think you have to give Indy some credit. Yes our D-line needs KVB bad but Indy came out ready to play and their O and D lines had their best game of the year. But I have to agree Brown and Ford really stepped up.

8. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

One word RELENTLESS... KVB really wears down one side of the opposing teams line. Take that and add it with the constant schemes we give them and Haynesworth's push its almost impossible to stop. I believe they both make each other valuable as a unit together, which is why we need to give Al a contract.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think it really is the tandem of those two guys side by side that pwns. I'd give Al the nod for being more important, but not my a lot. I think we really miss KVB.

Ford made some plays, but got owned a lot too I thought. I'll be watching him close on replay to better see how it went.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

AH was doubled teamed all night long. Without KVB all the focus is on Al.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar