KVB Wanted to Remain a Titan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans made a big step towards improving the defense for the next few seasons when DE Kyle Vanden Bosch officially agreed to a four-year contract worth $22 million. He is scheduled to earn $14.5 million in guaranteed money, including a signing bonus of $4.75 million and guaranteed base salaries in the first three years of the deal of $2.8 million in '06, $3.7 in '07 and $4.7 in '08. KVB knows he may have made more money if he'd allowed himself to become an unrestricted free agent on March 3 but decided the Titans were the best fit for him. "I don't know what I would have gotten in free agency. It is always tempting to find out, but I am comfortable here. I am happy here," he said last night. "I am not saying I took less money here. I don't know what else is out there. But I know what a great situation this is here."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So this boils down to a three year, $14.5 mil contract if the Titans don't keep him in '09.? That breaks down to just under $5 mil per season which I think is a steal if he remains close to healthy the next three seasons.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yea, if he contributes anything like last year at that price we got a great value. I'm glad Reese didn't try to low ball too much either. There of course were alot of concerns about offering KVB that kind of contract but trying to offer much less could have been enough to push KVB into the FA frenzy and then he would have left IMO. The deal seems fair for both sides.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Seems like we got a steal IMO. That's not a lot of money for a guy who is relatively young, had a great season last year...

Good offseason so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar