La'el Collins Stock Dropping?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Seriously though ... If Collins wanted to start, WTH would he sign with the Cowboys that already have a GREAT line? A better chance that he sits there.

Jones probably offered him like $5M to wash his car or something lol

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jones did say he's building the best line ever

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If you had asked me the worst place for him to go, my first response would have been Dallas. What in the world was he thinking? He could go to half of the other teams in the league and be a starter.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

As I said, sit and learn while maybe collecting a SB ring and then getting a big contract in 2 years. Maybe Jerry even told him he'll get a chance to start.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I was a little bit surprised he went to Dallas, but honestly it's a great spot. Tyron Smith has LT locked down, but Doug Free at RT is 31 (just signed a 3 year deal though). However, I think LG is his spot. Ron Leary is there current starter, but he's nothing special, benefits from being sandwiched between two pro-bowlers. Leary also has 1 year left on his deal. Collins gets to learn for a year, get bigger/faster, and be AMAZING depth if any injury happens (which i'm sure it will).

Next year, he starts at LG. If Free struggles, I would be surprised if he moved to RT. Plays in Dallas for 3 years, 2 year starter, has pro-bowlers on that line so will make him look even better. Then he gets PAID.

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

dallas could run 6 lineman sets all day

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

I gotta be honest, I'm really worried about our RT position this year. I've researched Poutasi and he's not great, a better fit at guard. That leaves Byron Bell, who the Panthers thought was worse than Oher, and Byron Stingily to fight it out. Honestly right now, I hope Stingily wins it, and that's scary to say.

If we could have just signed Collins, it would have been the icing on the cake from a great offseason.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Only other option is a vet being beat out by a rookie and someone releases their vet RT and we snatch him up. They should have a good feel for Poutasi soon but Im with you. While everyone is focused on Mariota, I'm concerned about our OL and LB corp. If we have a revolving door at RT and if Levitre doesn't play better (and doesnt get replaced), we're gonna have huge problems again on offense. If Orakpo doesnt stay healthy we don't have a dominant pass rusher. Even if Orapko does stay healthy, are we getting the Orakpo from last year who had 2 sacks in 7 games or the one who has had double digit sacks?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. 2ToneBlueBlood

Exactly. I am hoping a team lets go of a vet that we can scoop up, or trade for. What about Andrew Whitworth from Cincy? The Bengals first 2 picks were OT's and there were stories on the NFL web-site about how he was upset about it. He's older, and not a long term answer but better than anyone we have on the roster right now. Heck, I might even trade Justin Hunter for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar