Lair

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

man, for a game that got so much hype, it failed miserably

they should call it LIAR instead .... i guess

Gamespot gives it a 4.5 - http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/lair/review.html?sid=6178017&tag=topslot;title;4

IGN gives it a 4.9 - http://ps3.ign.com/articles/817/817117p3.html

i guess it's some proof that the "SIXAXIS" was a bad idea

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So why was the SIXAXIS a bad idea in this game?

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This is only the third game I've bought for PS3, after NCAA and Madden.

Only played the first mission but so far it's been fun. I am concerned that in harder real missions it's gonna be a pain to fly instead of enjoyable. I'll give a real opinion later once i've played it more.

Next game, Tiger Woods.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

"Gameplay 4.5
    A bus-like feel and Sixaxis controls kill this game. In wide-open areas, it's okay, but the moment you need precision, you realize you’re screwed -- you can't corner, target or fight well."

5. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

^^^^^^:ha: :yes:

I am still waiting for the PS3 to give me that next gen gaming experience that only the PS3 can provide.

I do love me some Blu Ray though!

Later

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

First two missions have been fun.

Targeting and flying can become difficult, and I was cussing at the screen some. But god forbid a game be fun and different ya know.

I'll update this game in a few weeks once I've played through more of it....

I will say, mainly due to the controls, it's not a game that I can probably play for much more than an hour at a time.

It'll be interesting to see how later missions are, I can see the game become extremely frustrating, but hoping it won't be that way.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

seems like testers could have been able to realize that the sixaxis controls were going to be to cumbersome for a game like this; so then why not the option of turning of the motion controls and defaulting to a standard analog stick control ?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I've never understood this about games. IF something is clearly not working right/a pain in the ***, why do they leave it in the game and release it?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I Was pondering this earlier
    maybe there are deadlines
    some executive in an office upstairs need the product rolled out the door so work can begin on another project
    who knows
    what I do know is that this is two BIG flops for the console
    Mobile Suit Gundham (though not as hyped as Lair) probably wasn't even worth releasing

sad state of affairs when 3 year old Xbox games are being counted on to keep yor system afloat

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Mobile Suit Gundam wasn't even hyped as anything. No one expected it to be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar