LaMarr Woodley

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Pass Rush, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

We are currently not generating ANY pass rush whatsoever. We need to get a killer DE playing opposite KVB, somebody we haven't had since Kearse. Say we go DE in round 1 of the 07 draft, there are 3 pass-rushing DE prospects that are currently rated top 15: Gaines Adams, Quentin Moses and Woodley. Adams can't play the run, Moses has disappeared off the face of the Earth this season and both need to bulk up. Woodley, however, can pass rush and stop the run, and while he may be a bit short at 6'2, he is stronger than the others at 275lb. I think he will turn out to be the best DE in this draft, and the Titans should seriously consider taking him in the first round.

Thoughts?

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I completely agree with going for a DE in round one and taking Woodley. He is a monster and plays both the pass and rush very well. He may be short but thats instant leverage and he's extremely strong at 275. But if Gaines Adams is there I want him he's a freak with his huge wingspan, speed, and explosiveness. Since were winning adams and calvin are almost out of the question so Woodley looks to be the smart choice unless they go o-line or saftey or wide reciever which is the likely choice.

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I rather get one out of free agency since we got some money to spend, if we do that we can use our pick on BPA- maybe Calvin Johnson, Ted Ginn Jr., or Dwayne Jarrett

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

5. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

Do remeber it looks like we'll be picking around #10 somewhere, and Adams will probably be gone by then.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he could be, but he could also test poorly at the combine.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Shawn Merriman didn't go in the top 10.

Gut

8. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

One of the reasons i'm high on Woodley is that he apparently (I haven't seen any of these guys play, living in Australia) won't get torched against the run, unlike Adams.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Woodley is an interesting guy.

He's barely over 6'1" and 270lbs. He's probably about maxed out framewise so he'll stay about that size. His height is a problem only in that he'll have shorter arms. If his hand/arm usage is superior, it won't matter too much. If his technique is not that good, he'll get locked on by the tall, long armed OT's.

Also, he has a tremendous motor, but is he already reached his full potential?

Also, he's surrounded by a heck of a lot of talent...what can he do with relatively less at the NFL level?

He's not a pure pass rusher with awesome burst.

The good side is that he's a high motor guy with some nice speed and quickness and plays both the run and pass well. He's also spread out his sacks this season.

If we're talking pass rusher, he might not be the best guy...

Gut

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm not sure he's worth our first pick. I've seen him a few times, and he looks pretty good, but not as athletic as Adams (who I didn't see as bad against the run).

Gut, he may not have short arms, it doesn't always work out that way.

Most of his sacks this year have come against lesser opponents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar