LaMarr Woodley

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by MattPan25, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

I don't think anyone has talked to much about LaMarr Woodley. Im sure all you guys know that he was a beast at Michigan. With the Titans pickin at 19 this year I think he might be there and i would like to see them take him possibly. He could play de or lb even tho we got olb's. Some have compared him to Shawne Merriman. Just wanted to know what everyones thoughts are on this beast.

check this video out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lXywtq6Wcw

a swear word at 1:50 and 2:40 of this video, so ya know.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i've never been all that impressed with him. he played on a very talented front seven and didnt get a lot of the double teams. he could be a solid player at the next level, but i dont think he'll be anything special.

3. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

yeah man that guy is beast like and with a depleading defense he could make an impact right away.

4. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i am not a woodley fan and think he'll wind up being a LB on a 3-4 team..........he plays way to high for the NFL and he is not that big or strong..........his game is speed and he is not that quick either..........he is in the big 10 but not the NFL.................with all the juniors that declared i think he really will fall............very low one to two in my view

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I agree with you Bongo. Watching that clip all I could think is that he'd be a LB in the pros.

6. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

yeah u guys could be right, but then who would we look at to for de. i still like nelson to.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If Woodly is available in the 2nd do we pick him? I would think we should. Depending on who we draft in 1st.

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Granted, it seems at 19 he'd be the only option at DE, but theres still a lot to happen between now and then. You've got the Senior Bowl and the combine, two events which can shape things up rather quickly. With someone like Anderson entering and the two junior DT's as well as the recievers, other could get pushed down. I wouldn't be suprised to see someone like Gaines Adams to drop to us or Moses. Thing is, we really won't know what we need until after the Free Agency period. The only position, however, I see that needs to be addressed, regardless of FA, is WR.

9. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

gaines adams would be a real surprise and i would hope we would take him.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Woodley will fall..

He might be a guy we can get in the 3rd or 4th rd. He is highly regarded because of his 12 sacks this year but when he gets to the combine scouts will find that he isn't as strong or fast as they hoped.

Only a 4.75 guy in the 40 according to nfl draft countdown. Not the same caliber of athlete that moses or abiamiri are. Might have to bulk up and play inside in a 4-3 team or play linebacker in a 3-4. NFL draft countdown have him as just the 8th best DE, great blue north have him 6th. By the draft he might fall as far as the 4th or 5th rd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar