Lame Duck Status And How Much Will It Affect The 2014 Team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If Munchak comes back which i think is pretty much a given at this point how will his lame duck status affect not only the coordinators and coaches but players coming here in free agency?

I also got to thinking surely the team wouldn't go ahead and give Munchak an extension so he could avoid lame duck status.

I'm starting to think that these things could really make it difficult the upcoming season to do some of the things we need to do to field a competitive team.

Maybe someone could explain what this might mean.....

2. Occy

Occy Starter

Good players want to win a superbowl, and they know that they need a coach capable of taking them there to aid that.

Whilst we don't show ambition as an organisation, from top to bottom, we will be unable to attract the types of player we need to compete at the business end of the season.

I was a lurker on this forum for a while, I only decided to post recently after watching the Smith interview. The man isn't a ruthless businessman, he is more like that part in Ghostbusters where they think up the stay puft marshmellow man. The comparison is startling. Smith is as much a businessman and the marshmellow man is a scary monster.

If the head office is content with making up the numbers, then they are doing well. If they want to be remembered in history with their names on the trophy, they need to start now on getting there.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The answer is how you think it affected this season, because at this point last year Munch was a lame duck. Bud's passing is the only reason his future is still in doubt now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Totally agree. This year was a wash, Munchak had no other real option but to give the OC job to Loggains. No one was gonna come here to coach for him knowing he was already on the hot seat. I could hardly believe it when Gregg Williams came aboard.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Locker stays healthy and plays well. Team learns to win close games. Playoffs. Book it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Money Talks...

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

last year for locker and munch in 2014, locker gets beat out at the qb position and he is a wash of a first round pick. Munch will be gone and our rebuilding will take place next off season instead of now!! I do not see Locker and Munch leading this team to the playoffs let alone a playoff win!

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Munch was in a "lame duck" status this year and he still got numerous good free agents to sign, brought Greg Williams in, and the team played extremely hard for him. This coming season will be an even bigger do or die year for and his players (who love him) know it and will play even harder for him.

If I was a hot young coordinator I would want to come to Tennesse. We've got a young offensive line that has promise, a dynamic RB in Chris Johnson and a pure pounder in Greene, a young and dynamic receiving corps with Justin Hunter and Kendall Wright, and the opportunity to potentially find a QB of the future of my own in this upcoming draft. Another potential bonus is that after such a disappointing season, let's be honest the bar would be set a lot lower than if the OC took a job in a team that is a perennial winner where the fans expect to win right away. This gives the OC some flexibility to take risks/innovate without the fear of being sent packing after one season.

There is also the allure that comes with bringing a team from mediocrity to domination and having everyone in the league know that you as the OC were responsible for that. That's how young guys get branded offensive gurus and get on the short list for head coaching jobs. Where many see the potential for failure, I would see a golden opportunity in Tennessee.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I wouldn't completely rule an extension out yet. I know, believe me i do, but it's entirely possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar