Landing a Center in FA is key to BPA in the draft...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

thanks...

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I want Peter Konz in the first round, but only if we land some FAs. Doesn't even have to be the best FAs, but we need some good FAs (S and DE mostly) and need to resign Finny. If not, we'll have to look elsewhere in the draft and then I'd prefer Nick Hardwick via FA.

People who are down on Konz, I urge you to watch junior year game film. In his Soph year he made silly mistakes and did over pursue alot, causing him to get beat. He improved a ton from year to year.

Konz is a legit 6'4 315, which is biggest that most centers. The thing I love about Konz is he's a nasty run blocker. He has great power and strength, and is quite quick for a 6'4 315 center. He has what it takes to get to the 2nd level and still provide great blocks. Has a great push off the snap and has great positioning and walls off defenders the correct way. I do notice that he struggles slightly in pass blocking, but he has flashes of excellence. The reason he fails in pass-blocking from time-to-time is over-pursuing and trying to pancake the defender, instead of letting them come to him. He has all the tools to be a Pro-Bowl center for years. Bruce and Munch could mold this guy into a star.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i just saw a link that made me sick to my stomach.

Amano is our 5th highest paid player (per Tennessean.com) - somethings gotta give...

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Thank fisher. Also he was playing G when he got that extension, at a pro bowl level. Hopefully moving him back will revive him.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

For realz? Pro Bowl level? Amano? LOL nah man, he was sandwiched between Pro Bowlers who could hide his weakness. Inside as the center he's exposed as a bum.

I'd be thrilled if we could get Wells, not many players want to be Titans, he does, we could get him.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Amano has never in his life played at a probowl level. Even in his prime '08 he was the 5th best player on our offensive line. He got his extension because it was either him or Mawea and he was a lot younger.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

*sigh... i miss mawae....

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really wish we had brought Mawae back. Guy still had another year or two left and its sad politics played a part in it. His leadership was invaluable.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not only was Mawae experienced and smart, but he was vicious in the trenches. Guys hated playing that man, and for us, that was a great thing. People can't wait to own Amano. I saw some highlights vs Cincinnati and their guys were folding Amano in half and discarding his limp body to the side like it was nothing. We've gotta get Amano out of here ASAP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar