Landon Donovan excelling for Everton.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Ericgolonghorns, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ericgolonghorns

Ericgolonghorns Camp Fodder

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/11/sports/soccer/11sportsbriefs-soccer.html

For some (relatively) few people that knew Landon Donovan took an 11 week loan to play for Everton in the English Premier League, the past few weeks have seen stellar performances from the American captain. Landon Donovan has assisted goals and put high quality passes into the box including a series of deadly corners.

The match against the number one team in the EPL - Chelsea - saw Donovan earn an assist and a penalty kick in the 2-1 victory for Everton. Moyes - Everton's manager has expressed interest in signing Donovan to play permanently at Everton and maybe the end for Donovan's career in the MLS.

Personally I hope Donovan does stay in the EPL, with the talent he has he shouldn't be playing at Pizza Hut park and missing out on his prime years when he can enjoy fame and success in a country that loves soccer.

More importantly, Donovan is going to be America's greatest asset in the FIFA world cup, so his improvement in the EPL I think will highly correlate to US side's success this summer.

2. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

I watched him play against Chelsea the other day and he did look really good actually. I think he fits in well with Everton and it would be cool if he's stays there. I have a feeling he will go back to LA though and play for the Galaxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar