Lane Kiffin as a OC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bradb, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Bring him back I say.

[​IMG]

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

His dirty dick is staying in Tuscaloosa AND YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Thank God....

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Playmaker

I will play Devil's Advocate because I haven't started drinking yet....

1. Kelly is already pressing for him to be his OC in SF so it's not like it's crazy to think he would come back to the NFL. Also, Kelly even visited Alabama during practice before the Clemson game.

2. This guy is a QB whisperer. Develops QBs at a great rate. Blake Sims, the former Safety and RB, owns quite a few single season passing records. Jake Coker, who is the definition of an average QB, just won the title and developed nicely as the season went on. He made Crompton look good at Tennessee his whole 1 season there and churned out some nice USC QBs. He would be an ideal guy for Mariota.

3. Like I said a few weeks ago and got a few BS posts IIRC, he's a lot like McDaniels. Was given too much power too early and flopped. Went to an established program with a tough HC and bounced that stock right back up. Saban and Kiffin are now very good pals and the Patriots org has nothing but positive remarks about Daniels and even BB said he's changed since coming back.

4. His offense, along with his QB developmental skills, would be ideal here. He knows how to get the ball to the most talented guys and always adjusts his schemes based on opponents. Something not everyone does *cough* Whiz. He's an offensive genius and knows how to break down an opponent. Hell, he's throwing up his arms signaling TD right after the snap happens sometimes.

5. People hate on him because of his head coaching tenures. He would only be an OC here. OC Lane Kiffin is one of the best, HC Lane Kiffin is a totally different story.

All in all, I rather he stay at Alabama and continue to flourish. Alabama wouldn't have made the playoff without him last year and wouldn't have won it all this year without him. He's about to give control to Blake Barnett at QB who is a stud and has Jalen Hurts right after him, who was already impressing during his limited practice time. He also has some great weapons at WR and RB, he's not taking a lateral position in college and he's probably looking for the right position in the NFL. He'll be in Tuscaloosa for a while probably.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And anyone can write a few quick posts to meet the minimum.

You need to move on and learn to ignore posts you are not interested in reading. I won't be changing policy on this anytime soon.

6. TitanJeff

I'm not a fan because of things totally unrelated to how he calls a game.

I think he's done enough at Bama to be considered for a few OC job in the NFL.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

How hard could it be at Bama right now? Talent is above everyone in NCAA.

8. TitanJeff

Is Saban a good coach or just loaded with talent?

I think it takes both at any higher level of football.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Playmaker

In his two years he's produced the greatest seasons in Bama history at QB, RB and WR. He made the playoffs with Sims and Coker as his starting QBs. Everyone thought he would fail at Alabama but all of a sudden now the job is too easy. Funny how McElwain never came close to Kiffin's numbers and Nussmeier. benefited from having McCarron. You can't punish a guy for having talent, basically the counter argument is saying give Mularkey more time because we have a crap team. Kiffin is an offensive mastermind and tools to work with. The only doubts about him are at HC.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar