Lane Kiffin dumps UT

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

[​IMG]

...but, Mrs Kiffin gives me a stiff'n...

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I give you the stiff'n Mrs. Kiffin. Layla

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It was a good move for Lane. He moves from the competitive best conference in the country, to the 3rd or 4th best (certainly ahead of Big10). He goes to USC where they have a recent history of dominance in the conference. The chances of Lane succeeding have risen dramatically, due to the easier position of being USC coach in the Pac10 as opposed to an SEC coach.

I'll miss Monte more than Lane. And although it puts UT back a season, I think we'll be better in the long run. I'm not confident Lane could outcoach Meyer, Saban, or maybe Les Miles and Richt.

We need play strategy as well as incredible recruiting. Monte's D looked pretty good, but I didn't see a lot on offense that was impressive from a play calling or strategy standpoint.

Lane did imitate Fisher well to keep games close and look better.

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

that's cause in the southeast college football is really important

in LA, they all just care more about the next Lakers game :grrhee:

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am surprised by the extreme reaction over a coach.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Perception is reality. In knoxville, it coulda been a party atmosphere and I don't doubt that it was, but to the rest of the nation, especially those who may be considering sending their kids to UT... It doesn't look very good.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

What's with all of these people calling into radio shows implying that Lane Kiffin's life is in danger. Is this what people in East Tennessee do when there ain't nothing going on at Bristol Motor Speedway or Dollywood?

Edit: I created this thread... How did the phrase "Dick Move" wind up in the tag cloud? LOL haha... Even the tag cloud hates Lane Kiffin

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

anyone can edit the tags.

*see

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The "party atmosphere" in Knoxville is exactly what doesn't look good to us parents considering where to send our kids to college.
    Campus shootings, like at Va Tech, is more of a concern...

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't like UT, but never liked Kiffin. Dude looks like a 7 year old and has never done anything as a coach.

He better win a championship soon if he wants to escape this chaos. Press is having fun mocking him already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar