Lane Kiffin to coach Vols

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PitBull, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Ed Orgeron as Def Coordinator, and possibly bringing Monte Kiffen too. Big coup for the Vols...

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

great great news

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Eh... so many better candidates that had actual experience other than losing.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Who would YOU have hired Gloat?

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Someone with more on their resume than "good recruiter".
    Bronco Mendenhall would've been my choice, if he would take the job. Gotta be better than BYU, but there's not a better coach in college football right now.

Brian Kelly was a candidate, and he's taking Cincinatti to a BCS game which speaks volumes over anything Kiffin has done.

Don't get me wrong- Kiffin could be a great coach at the college level, but he should probably start small and work his way up. Not just jump in to a competitive conference with nothing but losing coaching experience.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'm a bit skeptical myself, but he seems to a young fiery guy that can rejuvenate the program. He still has to prove himself as a HC, but you have to start somewhere.

If he brings papa and Orgeron with him then it's a home-run hire. He'd have to be a complete schmuck to screw it up with those two on board.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

As a big Vols fan I wasnt looking for Kiffin to be the man, but as others have said, if he can deliver pops and Orgeron into the fold things will look brighter on Rocky Top.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I like Kiffin but him coaching in the SEC is going to be tough with his losing records. I think he'll be fine though.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

SEC has the best coachs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar