LaQuon Treadwell

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Jwill1919, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I wouldn't take Treadwell at #15, I think going with a WR that high is more of a luxury pick. Maybe this is a pick we make next year (Malachi Dupre). However, if we decided to trade back again because our RT isn't there or we just get an offer we can't refuse, Treadwell is looking pretty good a few picks later if still available.

His 40 time is way overblown. If you even watch just 1 game of Treadwell, you know speed isn't his game. He's very big and physical for his position who will go up and grab the ball wherever it's placed. His lack of speed doesn't make him the ideal deep threat but Treadwell has an excellent percentage on deep balls. He's great as a run blocker (something Mularkey would like) and plays with an attitude.

All in all, I like him but not at 15. I'm all for a WR in the 2nd or 3rd but we need a RT and we need a CB. If there are 2 positions we have to nail and address in the draft, it's those 2.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Love Treadwell and as BPA he could make sense at 15 but we need a RT and CB so bad

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

He broke his leg? Or are you talking about his broken ankle week 10? Regardless I think it's his last chance. Like Fry said, he's young, cheap and maybe the light goes on
    He needs to develop that "thats my ball" mentality though.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

"Very big" - 6'2, 221 lbs 4.65 40, 9.5 inch hands. he's really not as big as you think.

DGB - 6'5, 237 lbs... 4.49 40. 9 inch hands.

How about we think about getting the "athletic" guy instead of another "very big" WR?

Doctson: 6'2, 9-7/8 inch hands, 4.49, 41 inch vertical. (OBJ 5'11 at 198 lbs, 4.43, 10 inch hands, 38.5 inch vert)

5. Clark

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#115 Clark, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Was it his ankle I thought it was his leg? I was in the ballpark at least but yeah his game severely lacks any type of killer instinct, swagger, confidence, attitude, etc. Whatever you want to call it Justin does not have it and I don't know if he ever will. Sad cause he has the physical ability.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I actually like both Doctson and Treadwell but I think it's telling we haven't shown interest in either. Not that meetings/visits/workouts are an end all be all be we seem more interested in WR's who will be available later and not the top WR prospects. It's hard to read into anything yet as this will be JR first draft with full control but I think the prospects we've shown interest in will be telling this year since JR doesn't seem to trust our scouting department so he wanted to see guys he likes personally or send coaches.

8. Clark

Yea I don't think they are on the target board. I'm sure we have them graded and would gladly pull the trigger if something happened but they are not players we covet

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I agree, he lacks the mental toughness we need at WR. He has a hill to climb not sure if he's going to stick around. Hes young and cheap that's the only things keeping around right now. If we add a WR in the draft he definitely should be worried or step it up.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well, first off, if you compare the size of every WR to DGB then there aren't going to be many big WRs in the NFL. I wouldn't mind Doctson either but I just love Treadwell's game. I've only watched highlights of Doctson. I mean we're not going WR in the 1st so it doesn't really matter but Treadwell is plenty athletic for the NFL and if we rated guys strictly off measurables then there would be so many more busts in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar