Large WR pool, but what's it worth?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Jones, Roby and Roydell. I'm not sure all 3 of these guys are going to make it. One or two of them could fall when and if we sign a vet in the next coming month.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What is with this constant reference to P. Williams not being a WR.
    He played WR in college, he was drafted to play WR and he will play WR.

No, he didn't play CB in college!!!!!

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The rookies will not be cut..

Our three rookie draft choices will make the team or be on the practice squad.

Why is gage getting so much respect? I think gunny has it right because gage is nowhere ahead of roby, orr or williams. He's been a bum his whole career averaging 16 catches per. He has some good qualities but so do those other guys. Filani a similar style player might be just as good.

7 WR make this team.

2 of them will be drafted rookies.

1 rookie will be on practice squad.

Givens will be on pup.

Orr will not be cut(to young and too cheap)

One of the udfa rookies will be cut the other on the practice squad.

That means one vet will get the axe. Roby-williams-gage. One of them and gage is no guarantee to make it. If we cut gage we eat a million in cap money no big deal. Remember that roby, williams and orr don't save us much if we cut them and all are signed through 08, orr through 09. They don't want to cut orr a 2nd year guy who makes little and is signed for 3 more years.

I think gage needs to seperate himself from the group or he will be the one cut.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

is pacman allowed to practice w/ the team...at all..i think its very important for two reasons...

1 - he will test the wr's to their limits...he is our best cb...no question...and is already a top in the nfl....so he will help us determine who are our best WR's

2 - dont want him to get outa shape and keep in top form

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't believe he is allowed too. I think he has to stay away until week 10 or so.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He can't be near the team..

Except for his once a week meetings with the player development guy.

Note that pacman was at a strip club in ny before his appeals meeting. It's doubtful the guy has the good sense to keep his nose clean for 6 months..

He does have something of a case given the light treatment that others have received so maybe he gets his suspension down to 8 games with more liberal restrictions..

edit: According to the thinking of the nfl pacman and guys like him are a bad influence which is why they don't want him around the team while suspended.

Actually pacman could have contributed something to the WR position if he wasn't such an idiot..

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's not illegal to go to a strip club (nor is it a good sense of judgment) but nonetheless nothing happened so it is one positive.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Too large a WR pool?

We just found out that givens won't be contributing anything this year. Wait until a couple of guys get injured in camp. No way we have too many WRs..

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

You're right. Our camps are usually good for atleast 2 WRs going under the knife. Givens is gone, my guess would be, gone-for-good. Too much damage to his knee and the team.
    With the lose of Givens, maybe this will force the FO to be more agressive to go after that vet they were looking at.................Johnson?

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Kay isn't worth a thing in my opinion I'd rather sign the top CB that drops this offseason good CB's is what make better WR's in practice. If your going against Harper or Hill all day you won't improve too much if you go against Pac you better man up or he will shut your arse down.

Like said above Pac helped in so many way like helping improve our WR's, shuting down opponents, special teams, and some offense.

Key isn't worth it. He is a slow possesion WR and his skills are diminishing he was opposite Steve Smith and had a minor if you call it that of an impact. They still double Steve becasue Key poses no threat. An old vet like him is only good for 35 catches maybe 450 yds and a decent tutor but what if he gets upset then he's a locker room distrurbance something we really don't need. He's not going to be worth his money and risk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar