Laron Landry

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Xplayer52, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

I've heard a lot of talk about Reggie Nelson and Nick Harper but do you all think we have a shot to get Laron? This dude hands down is the best S in the darft!

I would love to see the Titans get Laron!

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

LaRon Landry
    From NFL Draft Consultant Conor Dowley

Position: Safety
    School: LSU

Height: 6-2

Weight: 187

40-Yard Dash: 4.48 (EST)

Positives:
    LaRon Landry may be the best pure free safety in the nation right now. His coverage skills in center field are virtually second to none, and he hits surprisingly hard for his light size. He's also one of the few safety prospects in recent years who is a total ball hawk, flowing to the ball and the play better than the majority of defenders in the nation.

Negatives:
    Landry's frame is a little smallish for the typical NFL safety, and some teams may try to make him gain weight so as to help improve his durability at the NFL level. He also sometimes tries to go for the big play instead of the sure thing, and that has created problems in the past.
    Overview:
    Ever since his debut as a freshman, Landry has been one of LSU's top defenders and has steadily risen up the ranks as one of the best defensive backs in the nation. He has improved every year and should become a solid free safety in the NFL for years to come.

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

That would be great if we did, but I doubt it he falls to #19. Then again anything is possible.

4. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

If Laron did fall to 19th on the board, this would be the best pick up for the Titans! Least I believe so

5. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Yeah it would mean goodbye to Lamont Thompson which is the best thing that could happen to us.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Our roster shows Hope, Fuller, Lowry and Lamont 'Where am I' Thompson. Would you draft that high in that position? The ole, "Take the best man available when its your turn" idea?

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would trade up to get Landry.

8. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

I would trade up to get him. Don't get me wrong Reggie Nelson is awsome but I believe laron is going to be better!

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

those numbers must be old. he weighed in at 205 and ran a 4.35 at the combine.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would trade our 1st and 4th to Atlanta to draft Landry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar