Larry Coyer Fired in Denver

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MissouriTitan1, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No real track record..

Wasn't he the DC only one year?

Anyway he hardly did a stellar job taking that talented defense and only finishing 14th. I say no.

I think mike reed might be an interesting guy. He is defensive assisstant and quality control guy for the eagles under jimmy johnson the best DC in the business. He is only 34 but has worked under johnson for 4 seasons. he was a 4 year starting cornerback at boston college. He is young, will probably be aggressive and won't play guys in the secondary who are not getting the job done. Seems like a nice guy to have for our young secondary people.

2. 4 Years as DC. 7 years with the Broncos

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mike reed......sean mcdermott

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/coachbio.jsp?id=649

Mike reed would know the eagles defense as well as anyone that is his job. A quality control guy's job is to study his own team to find problems are weaknesses they can incorporate into the game plan. He knows how jim johnson runs that defense and would do the same things as titan's coordinator.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/coachbio.jsp?id=646

Mcdermott has worked with jim johnson even longer than reed and has has to be the best secondary coach out there. He is also very young but had the experience to be a DC.

Both these guys are 100% hirable meaning they would take the DC job if offered. Both have worked for several years with the best DC in the league and both would be great with our young secondary. I say interview both and hire the best man.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I stand corrected..

In coyer's 4 years as DC the broncos finished 11th in average in scoring defense. It's funny that they were top 10 for three straight years but one off season(17th) and he gets canned. I wish fisher was that strict.

I think shanahan didn't like the way they scored on in the playoffs and that was part of it. They gave up 41 and 49 points respectively against the colts and gave up 34 to the steelers last year.

5. At this point, I would take any of the 3. But the 2 you pointed out probably would be a better fit. The real question is, would Buddy boy come of the money it would take to get them. I would hope the answer is yes.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Money..

Since both those guys have never been DCs before it would only take average money, the kind of money our current guy is getting to hire them. Should not be an issue..

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This is JMO, but the Titans are about to extend Fisher which means Schwartz will remain the DC.

8. [ I wish fisher was that strict.[/B]

:werd:

9. I really don't have a problem with him staying (I can't believe I said that), but something has to change somewhere. Change the players, the playcalling, something, anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar