Late links: Deep thoughts on VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

My bad

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Dude,just because we're poking fun at him doesn't mean we aren't rooting for him.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Hell yes, if I was missing some of my training sessions with a new system manager.

Yeah-you are right. It is "a little much" to criticize Vince. He mastered the new offense fine when he returned. And his throws are fine and really don't need a lot of improvement. And he was calm and collected after the Jags game and people are out to get him because because of racial issues and just made all that stuff up.

And Jeff Fisher just doesn't understand the situation at all and benched him because he never like Vince anyway. And Kerry Collins went 13-3 because he had magic pixie dust in his hand warmer and the defense was never been good enough to hold the team up when Vince went 10-6 the year before. The sports pundits are all idiots that make chit up to sell advertising space ( :)- that's prolly true)

And Vince decided to come to training this Spring because he is so smart he mastered all his classes last year and knew he would be bored in Austin reviewing quantum physics with graduate students.

"just leave Vince alone... he's a HUMAN!"

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hope you're not a Cutler fan.

5. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i wasnt saying with us poking fun at him. i mean with someone else bashing him.

6. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

I'm not sure Vince can discern between criticism & trash talk, and better yet, I don't care

7. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

And I don't care that you don't care. I've never heard much real criticism anyway.

Most of the "criticism" I've heard about Young goes something like:

"Vince Young is too dumb to understand the difference between criticism and trash talk blah blah blah blah."

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You haven't heard real criticism of VY? The unnamed OC isn't the first one to say VY can't read defenses, can't put touch on the ball, doesn't know where the defenders are, is soft.

IMO VY is getting exactly what he deserves. This isn't pee wee football where we need to worry about a multi million dollar, 3rd pick in the draft's feeling. All VY has to do to end the comments is flipping BE A MAN, GET TO WORK and be a dang professional. Right now VY isn't much higher on my likeable list than Pacman. Every time I see a pic of him I want to beach slap him. If he were half the man Collins is he might amount to something.

The OC obviously wasn't Dinger unless he lied because he said he wasn't around when VY had his hissy fit last year but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Dinger didn't feel the same way as that guy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8550254/Sad-to-say,-but-Young%27s-problems-were-predictable

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I have to say the "anonymous" OC's criticisms seem the most specific and accurate argument I've heard against VY. I think he sums up everyone's general criticisms well.

The one thing I disagree with, I think VY does need a scheme developed around him. In a way, it does need to be dumbed down. But it needs to involve bootleg passes, spread and shotguns, it does need to take advantage of his run game. Hell, he SHOULD run the ball more than any other QB in the league and the scheme should reflect that. imo

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

LOL! Do you mean to say you know Vince Young when you suggest that he is half the man Kerry Collins is?

This is what my last post was talking about. You provided an excellent example.

I didn't literally mean that I've never heard someone make real points of criticism about Vince Young's game. What I meant is that the most of the "criticism" amounts to attacks on the guy's character due to the fact that some people have an issue with the fact that he had alot of fans and that he's not Cutler and other little quirks that some people just can't get over.

I just laugh at stupid stuff like "He's half the man Collins is" and childish talk like that. You would think the guy was going around beating women or killing babies and actually being a real detriment to society the way some "fans" talk.

What is the big issue that causes such incredible hyperbole? He threw one too many interceptions in the first game of his 3rd NFL season.

Call it non-constructive criticism, being a realist, being a hater or whatever. At the end of the day, if the intention is just to kick the guy because he's already down and you don't like him, then all it really amounts to is big laughs from people like me who just sit there and think "this person can't be serious."

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar