Late round- Akiem Hicks

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LoneWolf, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

http://youtu.be/1cmA-CbyZ3M

[ame]http://youtu.be/9QjwRWvPlDk[/ame]

A lot of us are hoping for a early round defense tackle, I been watching more and more of the prospects and none stand out at all. This kid though looks like he has a ton of potential, initially was suppose to go to LSU but recruitment violations sent him to Canada. Taking a chance on him allows us to get a guy like Dre Kirkpatrick or a pass-rusher early.

http://www.cbssports...w-heading-north

Well-traveled defensive lineman Akiem Hicks was impressive for a second successive day. Hicks played high school and junior college football in Sacramento, Calif., area. But after being at the center of a LSU recruiting controversy in 2010, he wound up playing for the University of Regina in Canada the past two seasons.
    Hicks (6-5, 324 pounds) is one of the largest players on the field, but the most surprising aspect of his game is his impressive movement, showing nimble feet and fast hands. He definitely has some work to do before he is NFL-ready, but he has raw ability. Hicks isn't a natural bender and has very ordinary initial explosion out of his stance. But he does have an 84-inch wingspan and used those long limbs to dominate blockers and prove to pro teams he should be drafted in April.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Looks like a man amongst boys out there. But, who hes playing against pretty much are boys. lol

Thanks for the video. Ill keep an eye out for him in the later rounds.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Ha I know his game film is not fair, but the thing is he carried it to the senior bowl and played at the same level.

Just listen to his interview in the link above his highlight type from his Canda team it's about ten minutes long, instantly fell in love.

4. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

I would love to take a chance on him whether we take a DT early or not.

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Look at Brockers and look at Hicks their is not much difference in terms of size and raw ability only difference is the level of competition, like I said you look at the Shrine game he played at a high level.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I remember him from either the Shrine game or the Senior bowl and being impressed with him then. I'd take a chance on him in the 5th. Love his body type. Looks like he fits the part, even though his competition was sub-par.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

If we are talking a 5th possibly a 6th round pick the risk is worth it.

If you think about it defensive tackle could possible be alright next year I understand it's a major need but so is CB, OL, and DE which could b address early. Hicks could turn out to be a great pick, or just fall off. Say if we draft Kirckpatrick in he 1st, Curry in the 2nd, Hicks in the 5th and they all pan out how nasty our defense will be.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Name makes him sound like like a Chinese knock-off of Hakeem Nicks.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I've actually seen him mocked to us in the 4th round, CBS I think.

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

He just seemed like a high character kid, that I would love to see this kid in two tone blue. Whoever draft him will get a heck of a player. Only time will tell though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar