Late Round Steals

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Anybody got any names that would be great late round steals?

Here is who I have

1. Adarius Bowman WR - OK Lite

Has everything you want in a WR but has slipped in the draft due to a poor combine and character issues

First round talent for a late round pic

2. Xavier Omon RB - Northwest Missouri State

Has all the tangibles of a good back.... just comes from a small school. People are raving about him on other team boards but no mention here

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tRyuegVJiUQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tRyuegVJiUQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

3. Kendall Langford DE - Hampton
    6' 6" 295 lbs. Hampton

Once again has all of the tangibles and untangibles yet really isnt getting much pub. One of few DEs in the draft with the size, strength, and speed to play both the run and rush the passer.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'm a big fan of Omon. I think he's going to be a steal however takes him day 2.

I like Langford to but I think he will go to a team with a 3-4 def. I could see him as a good 4-3 DE though if he dropped a little weight to gain some quickness and burst off the edge. He has a hig ceiling no matter what def. he plays on.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I really like Langford too. I think he would be a good pick up in the 3rd and then take a DT with one of our 4th round picks

I like bruce dave OLB from ucla too

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

6. maximus

maximus Starter

Franklin Dunbar OT MTSU
    27 Reps of 225.
    High Character
    Had a pretty good workout.

Also look out for Eric Walden and Taveres Jones, both should be around in the 7 or UDFA. Poor Man's DeMarcus Ware.
    Damon Nickson All American in 2006 as a KR.
    Has some speed, can play S, but lacks the size (only 190)

All outta MTSU

Look for Omar Haugabrook (Troy) to go to a place where then can give him time to develop. He's got the skills to play on the next level.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Jack Williams, CB, Kent State

Not sure how low he'll go, but he would be a great fit for us.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=26661

Williams is a bit short at 5'9 even but obviously has the athletic tools to play in the NFL. Would be worth taking with our later 4th rd pick..

I noticed justin king the penn state cb moving down some charts. I wouldn't mind getting king in rd 3 and then using out comp pick in rd 4 for williams.

9. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Your saying draft two DBs?

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Umm........yeah. Why not? Look at our depth chart and you will quickly realize we will spend at least 2 maybe even 3 picks on the secondary alone.

2 CB's
    1 S

Jack Williams would be a very nice pick up round 4. I'm really high on him, he is undersized but has crazy athleticism and is aggressive...reminds me of a mix of Pac and Finny.

Keep an eye on Jonathan Wilhite from Auburn he is also a bit like Williams....undersized but very athletic and fast.

I also like Caleb Campbell S from Army in the 4-5 round area. He has good size and runs in the 4.5 range. He has good instincts, and is a big hitter, his coverage is above average but could use some work but he has time to develope behind Hope.

These are 2nd day guys I think we will take a CB early though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar