Late Round Steals

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Brian Johnston. The Centaur.

I would LOVE to grab him with one of our 4ths.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, I hope we do that myself. Could be a guy who sneaks into the 3rd even. Ikaika Alama-Francis from Hawaii type rise.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Thanks for the youtube on Oman. Hadn't seen him run before, but boy am I impressed. The kid has tremendous feet, great vision to find the holes inside, and shows patience as a runner setting up his blocks well. I would be more than happy to spend a 4th or 5th on him if we don't go RB early.

I like Bowman from Nebraska as well.

Everyone talks about Jack Williams being too short, but youhave to remember that he has a 42inch vertical which means that he plays like a guy 6ft with a 38 inch jump which is plenty good.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Heck yeah! Pacman is gone, harper is old and fuller will be a FA next year.

In rd 3 draft a guy like justin king or charles godfrey and come back with our last pick in the 4th(134) and get carpy's guy williams.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=33090

Charles godfrey was 2nd team all big ten along with tracy porter. 6'0 207 with 4.43 speed and he might be there in rd 3. Godfrey could be like a young nick harper and williams could be a primo NB.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0uKGrBJdWk4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0uKGrBJdWk4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Not so much a late rd steal cory boyd is a RB that has been solidly productive in the sec always averaging 5 yards a carry and catching 35 balls a year. A great 3rd down type prospect.

6'0 213 4.52 40.

Same 40 time as chris brown. Very tough runner.

this would be a good 4th rd consideration..

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I really liked what I saw from Cory Boyd at the East-West shrine game.

Since then I heard him interviewed on Sirius radio and was totally turned off by him. He just doesn't seem to love the game . He stated that he hasn't watched a single NFL game since Barry Sanders retired, and this is all about business to him. A couple of other things he said, just made me uneasy about the kid.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I didn't see the interview but i know this is a kid who is leaving south carolina with a degree in hand and was a leader of that team. He clearly out played dexter jackson or aldridge in that game and proved himself a fine receiver out of the backfield with 3 catches for 27 yards..

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

You know, I'm really coming around on Steve Slaton.

Obviously he isn't an every-down back for us, but I don't think that is what we are seeking anyway.

We operate out of the shotgun a lot on 3rd downs with Vince at QB, and Slaton has proven very effective running draws and other running plays out of the shotgun. He also has very good hands, and most importantly, he has the elusiveness that neither of our other backs have to make a LB miss him in space.

If you're not expecting him to be an every-down back and want him to fill a Darren Sproles-type role on our team, he could be great.

He's probably an early 4, so we may have to take him in the 3rd or trade up for him, but I'd like that pick a lot.

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I'm the same way. If we're strictly looking for someone to come in and sort of do spot carries, then Slaton could be a very solid pick. I definitely wouldn't be mad at it, depends on what round. 4th round seems like a good spot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar