Latest story on the VY/JF situation...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CricketChapman, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CricketChapman

CricketChapman Camp Fodder

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5838293

"Young said he knows he made mistakes dealing with the situation Sunday and didn't react the way he should have. But he said his frustration of not playing and not having Fisher's faith had built up to the point in which he didn't know how to handle it. He now knows he did not handle matters the right way.

'It was just an awkward situation,' Young said. 'I just want to play football. I want to win games. I want to go to the Super Bowl. That's it.'"

2. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

3. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

You know man, Ive loved Vince at times, Ive hated Vince at times, I have dogged him, I have stood up for him, at the end of the day I am a Titans fan first and foremost. I dont know guys, my heart is telling me to side with VY. There is just something about the way Fisher has treated this guy that smells funny. From the way Fisher treats VY when talking to the media, to the way he treats VY during games, Its apparent that Fisher just treats Young different.

I dont know how this thing is going to turn out, nor do I know whats to come or what revelations will come out during the week. Right after the game I was a bit upset at Young, but now I just have this gut instinct to go with supporting Young. I think situation might change Fishers reputation cause players are talking "ego issues" and now they are told to "keep their mouth shut". I dont think thats going to last long, and when they do run their mouth, I dont see them talking about Vince Young.

• High Five High Five x 8
  4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Time for Fisher to be sent packing. It's time to get a coach who supports our QB rather than one who looks to manufacture a QB controversy each season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

If it turns out Vince could play the rest of the season, that certainly would make it an interesting decision from Bud. Vince does give us the best chance to win (right now), and being just a game behind at 5-5, would Bud allow Fisher to all but throw in the towel on the season?

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Sure he coulda handled himself better but at least he expressed himself and his desire to play and help his team win. Vince wants to win and Fisher wants to win without Vince which isn't our best option to win.

7. DJB

DJB Starter

I don't think Fisher has treated Young fairly in the past. He's never had faith in him but, Young has made it very easy for Fisher to find reasons not to play him. I think both guys are to blame for whats happening. I can see Young being frustrated because its obvious Fisher doesn't want him but surely Vince can't expect to act the way he does and have Fisher develop faith in him

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

Both of them seem to be at fault here. The worst part of it is this was a year where we had a legit shot based solely on how close the competition league wide is. I don't care if it's one person's fault more than the other's this time because we've been down this road before and I'm so sick and tired of it. After this year I'd be just fine if both are gone and we just move on. Ignore the media, Fisher isn't the perfect head coach they seem to make him out to be.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

This is exactly how I stand on the issue. I'm not the biggest VY guy or the biggest Fisher guy but you better believe I am the biggest Tennessee Titans guy. You'd have to be a damn fool to not see that Fisher just does not and has never had Vince's back. Any little slip up that Vince has had, Fisher has been there to knock him down a peg without hesitation.

Yet Kerry Collins goes 0-6 and Fisher wouldn't have even considering putting Vince in had it not been for Bud. I hope that Bud realizes that Vince will win him a ring before Fisher will.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Mason and Rolle were HAPPY to go play for the f'ing ratbirds, and told McNair to join them because Billick was a better coach to play for. Fisher and Reese screwed McNair out of a LOT of money owed to him. Fish wants problems to be dealt with privately in the locker room, but has publicly thrown his QB under the bus twice that I know of.

Vince has "maturity issues"??... We're talking about football players here, not Cornell professors! PacMan had "maturity issues" also, but Fisher protected him against everyone INCLUDING his teammates until somebody got shot and paralized.

I think Vince said it right: "I'm not walking out on the team; I'm walking out on YOU!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar