Latest story on the VY/JF situation...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CricketChapman, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Unless of course, you have an organization that is united in their disdain for the manager.

2. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Sigh. Am I the only one who is torn?

Vince has made it very hard to defend him, but Jeff has something against the guy. Perhaps Jeff has known all along that he is a walking time bomb.

Then again, why does Brady's tantrum get praised as great leadership while Vince is called immature? Oh, I know. 3 Rings.

Brandon Jacobs did worse, but not much talk about it anymore.

If both men would grow up and look hard in the mirror and maybe make some concessions that they were wrong here, this might just be considered a growing pain.

In short, I am not ready to give up on Vince, and I want Jeff to lead him.

Sad...I had such high hopes after Moss being acquired.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

seems like fisher twisted this just the way he wanted..everyone is against Young when really the only reason this situation occured is because of how bad a HC Fisher is..

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

You could say the same for Fisher when he wore that Manning jersey last year. This team won't win much games without Vince. We will finish 6-10 without him. If Vince stays then we have a good shot at the playoffs. But as of right now, Fisher needs to get his ego figured out because he is destroying this team and its chance at winning with his hate for Vince.

5. Jessica

Jessica Starter

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The $10 million bonus? Both sides knew it would never be paid but would lead to either a new contract or releasing McNair.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Honestly, nothing really. The team isn't winning and that just isn't entertaining so I don't mind seeing him go at the end of the season if there isn't clear indication of a marked change of course.

But unless you are willing to turn it over to Cecil, Dinger or maybe McGinnis you WOULD be creating a worse situation for the remaining players production. And even then, it is unlikely for those coaches to get more out of the players than Fisher has lately IMO.

Philips and Chilly were dumped because they had lost the team and weren't getting anything much out of most their players. I don't believe that has happened to Fisher (yet). If it becomes clear it has, then I wouldn't mind a change in mid-season. I just don't think we are there yet.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Money!

9. pettso

pettso Starter

I can assure you it is not if you have success as your end goal. The problem is most businesses are run by people, and people are sympathetic to their friends and people they have worked with for extended periods of time so their decisions are very biased.

If a manager does not have the respect of his top employees and is forcefully trying to reduce their performance (and in turn the business')... what would you, as the owner do if those employees aired all that dirty laundry?

You would tell them to fall in line with someone that's directly hurting your business? You'd make a pretty terrible owner if that's how you think. If you look around, most of the top CEOs are pretty ruthless when it comes to their business. Friend or no friend, if you're bad for business, you're gone. That's how success is built.

Put it this way, if you're Bud you have two options:
    1) Titans + Fisher - Vince
    2) Titans - Fisher + Vince

Which team has a chance at the playoffs? Which team has a better chance at a superbowl before you're 90?

10. drawingguy

drawingguy Camp Fodder

Actually, many people here in Nashville found the Manning jersey humorous. Now the VY fans got mad because it was kinda twisting the knife on how badly Young sucks and how, logically, Manning should be the QB in Tennessee.
    Waiting for rock dude to critisize the structure of my sentence... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar