LB Brad Jones visiting Titans on Friday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Former Packers linebacker Brad Jones is in Nashville visiting the Titans on Friday.

Jones, a four-year veteran with the Packers, started 10 games last season and finished with 77 tackles and two sacks. In four seasons with the Packers, Jones has played in 51 games, with 23 starts.

The Titans surely remember how well Jones played in Green Bay’s 55-7 win in December. Jones (6-3, 242) had 10 tackles and a sack in that contest, along with a pas defensed.

Jones played both inside and outside linebacker for the Packers. A number of other teams have also expressed an interest in him since the start of free agency.

His agent, Josh Wright, has a history with the Titans. He also represented past Titans like defensive tackle Jason Fisk, Joe Salave’a and long snapper Mike Leach.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Interesting. Brad Jones is a starting caliber linebacker could it be that McCarthy is falling out of favor?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm really happy we're actually bringing in quality LB's now. I've been asking for this since the season started. We really don't have anyone off the bench that's good and most of them are just here for special teams. This guy and the other signing gives us versatility and another starter if (more like when) McCarthy goes down.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I thought Moise Fokou was the signing that provides Mccarthy insurance.. This is interesting. But I doubt we'll sign him.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well they can both play inside and outside. One guy will probably fill that Spoon role and the other will be more of a back up to McCarthy but either way if we did have this signing we would be 4 deep at LB plus Fokou.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Yes, please.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If we get Jones it's not about the depth behind McCarthy its about McCarthy being the depth. Jones is just as good of a LB as McCarthy and can stay healthy for 16 games. I think Jones will straight up compete with McCarthy for our starting spot if he signs.

8. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

I look at it this way. We have three solid starters (Brown, McCarthy, Ayers). Before yesterday's signing of Mokou our LB Depth consisted of Patrick Bailey and Tim Shaw..... enough said. I only want those 2 seeing the field on STs.

I actually wanted to bring in Brad Jones as a FA signing and posted about it a month ago. He played VERY well when asked to start last year. His versatility and lack of dropoff in ability is what makes me want him on this team. If/when McCarthy goes down, Jones would start over Mokou hands down.

9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

It wont hurt my feelings to have another good reliable LB.

10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Totally agree. If those guys can stay healthy (especially McCarthy) we will have one of the best LB corps in the league. Everyone remember how Brown came on late last season? Guy is a BEAST!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar