LB Ruud a Titan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

For all you Michael Huff fans, he's staying in Oakland for now.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

DE: JJ
    NT: Smith - Casey
    DE: Morgan
    OLB: Ayers
    ILB: 'Spoon
    ILB: Ruud
    OLB: McRath?

Is that what our 3-4 would look like? Morgans a wildcard idk if he'd line up as an end or back

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The word is that Ruud is a good teacher of the game and was considered a field general for Tampa.

I think Ruud will help the front 7 of the D similar to how Mawae helped the O-line.

4. RJS113

RJS113 Camp Fodder

Bucs season ticket holder here. Just wanted to share my thoughts on Ruud.

Positives:
    1. Great locker room guy
    2. Good in coverage
    3. Smart
    4. Makes a lot of tackles

Negatives:
    1. Consistently gets ran over by running backs
    2. Doesn't make plays at or behind the line of scrimmage
    3. Isn't aggressive at all
    4. Only makes about one big play a year

Someone mentioned that they can't wait to here the "RUUUDDD" chants by the fans. The most annoying thing at Bucs games is hearing the fans yell "RUUUUDDD" after he made a tackle after a 10 yard gain on 3rd and 1. Hopefully Titans fans are smarter than that. In Mark Dominik's press conference last week, he made it clear that he didn't want Ruud back. I immediately texted a friend and said, "Thank god we no longer have to watch Ruud get ran over by 3rd string RBs".

He's a "solid" player, but get used to seeing a lot of this: (edit- Not able to post links yet... Just go to YouTube and search for "Ruud Ivory" and click on the first video).

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx-tEYxC6Pw

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You had me at Good In Coverage. You basically described Stephen Tulloch. Only difference is that Ruud is good in coverage and Tulloch does get a lot of tackles for loss. I think a change of scenery for both of them will do them some good.

So while you're saying that Ruud is trash you're glad to get rid of I can say that I'm happy to have him.

7. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

So let me get this straight, our two newest, and potential starting linebackers (Ruud and Ayers) both look like they'd prefer to play touch football.....I like the players, but it's going to really hurt me to watch if they miss a lot of tackles.

9. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Bucs coach Raheem Morris on LB Barrett Ruud, who signed with the Titans. "I'm going to miss him to death."

Sorry Buc fans dog him all you want but I think you guys are going to miss him way more than you know.

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Add Lofa Tatupu to this LB corpse and I'll feel better

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar