LB Ruud a Titan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:ha:

I'm not making fun of you, I just think that's an appropriate word to describe the unit.

2. RJS113

RJS113 Camp Fodder

Here's the full quote:

“Obviously personally for me and Barrett, I’m going to miss him to death,” said Morris. “Barrett was more than just my Mike backer, he was a close friend as you guys all know. I wish him nothing but the best. I hope he goes on proves us wrong. It is time to move on and it provides an opportunity for one of these young guys."

Morris is the youngest coach in the league, and is good friends with a lot of the players. He is going to miss him as a person, not because he's a great player. When he says, "I hope he goes on and proves us wrong", that tells you how they feel about him as a player. The Bucs made it clear they weren't interested in bringing him back.

Here's a nugget from Pewter Report (who is by far the best at covering the Bucs):

"The Bucs run defense has suffered over the past two seasons, ranking 32nd in the NFL in 2009 and 27th in the league last year. Some of the blame has been placed on Ruud, and one member of the Bucs' front office told PewterReport.com that the organization had him ranked 19th out of the league's starting middle linebackers. By accepting only a modest one-year deal two days into free agency, it appears that view is also held by other teams around the NFL."

I'm not saying Ruud is terrible. I'd agree with 19th best MLB being about right.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

But I've also read reports saying he was the leader of that defense, and to be honest I don't follow the Bucs closely but run defense doesn't just fall on the linebackers, but the defensive line plays a huge part in that and seeing as you guys had to draft McCoy (I don't know how effective he's been) to help it could've been more of a combination of the dline and linebackers rather than just Ruud being bad. All I know is I'm happy with the move seeing all the good things he'll bring to this team

4. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

Knowing what we do now (that Seattle cut Tatupu), would you have rather signed Ruud or Tatupu?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Ruud. Tatupu had surgery on both knees in January.

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

C'mon people! Lofa's done! Do your research!

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

So we let Nickey, Tony Brown, and Tulloch go, signed a big body DT, moved Jones to DE, and picked up Ruud to play middle linebacker. Unless I'm mistaken, I think this new coaching staff may actually be paying attention to our areas of needs during free agency and monitoring players performance to see where they fit best. That's unusual in these parts.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Throughout the years i was always one of Jeff Fisher's main supporters through thick and thin but when we started out 0-6 and he then puts on a Peyton Manning uniform and jokes about being a winner he lost me right there.Then losing eight of our last nine games last year was the icing on the cake.Well that and shoving Kerry Collins down everyones throat got tiring really quickly.

10. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Will never forget when he did that...just just EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar