Lebeau - defensive play caller

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Dissecting Pittsburgh Steelers Defensive Coordiantor Dick LeBeau’s Ability to Adapt – Pre Snap Reads

This is an interesting article about Lebeau's defense. I was looking for info about how his CBs have always played because if you are going to draft Ramsey then you don't want to just have him playing zone coverage which is what the CBs have traditionally done in Lebeau's defense. The article talks about how before he left Pittsburgh he realized the importance of getting faster in the middle of the field because of the short passing game and more athletic TEs. I still see Ramsey as a safety in Lebeau's scheme adding that super athletic guy right in the middle of the field.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

I think he would move ramsey around in different packages. I see ramsey playing fs, ss and all cb positions in a lebeau d. Searcy is also a 2 position guy. We would be able to force teams to plan against 2 really good and versatile dbs. He's a better version of matheu on the cards and look what he does for that d.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Same here.... I was under the impression that Horton was already more of an assistant and Dick was brought in to call plays (even though he didn't get the title). From what Mularkey said, Dick was just a voice in the room and didn't have much control.

I'm good with him getting play calling duties and complete control now.

4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I was happy. I'm also not part of the organization, but if I was I wouldn't tell the public what I truly felt.

To clarify, I don't care how people react here. I'm not upset he left. The organization shouldn't spread joy that a coach left however.

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

So you're upset Mularkey isn't much of a professional coach. Welcome to the club.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. 615nick

615nick Starter

Idk if he's professional or no, as long as we win. Who cares if he bashes coaches that leave. I didn't like the hire when it was made, but the guy has to be himself to be successful. If he's not a politician, doesn't mean he cant coach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar