LeBeau Helps MM?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jul 4, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Heading into the 2015 season, an NFL coach told me that Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota could have his learning curve accelerated because of Dick LeBeau's defense.

Think of all the zone pressure, the disguise, the movement or the multiple fronts -- in both base and sub-packages -- that are a standard part of LeBeau's units. Even with Mariota coming from a college spread system, the opportunity to work versus LeBeau's complex system in Tennessee was seen as a positive in the eyes of opposing coaches. - ESPN

I just thought that was pretty interesting...

I still maintain, for so many reasons, he was one of the best hires this franchise has ever made.

Interesting article on offseason and young QB development
    Development of young quarterbacks stunted by NFL offseason rules - Jared Goff of Los Angeles Rams

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

looks like fishface is already spinning ...

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

We have won exactly three games in two years with Lebeau here. I take it that isn't one of your many reasons he is the best hire we have ever made?

As far the article, I think it's probably a stretch to say it's a huge help to Marcus.

Maybe a little, but not significantly.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

LeBeau has only been here for one season so far.

This will be his second... And his first with full control of the defense.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. Prideful

Prideful Starter

We have won 5 games in 2 years but that's mainly because of a crap shoot roster that Webster put together and because most of are main guys (Starters) was hurt both years. This year and the next 2 years i see a great improvement on Offense and Defense after we get a true #1 WR and a true #1 CB.
    As for Wright he is a slot guy not an outside guy, to be honest i don't think he will even get over not having the freedom he had before Wiz got here. Lets just hope that DGB and Sharpe will help out Marcus and that he will use his legs a little more this year :).

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Having the best DC in the game throwing challenges at your young QB on a daily basis is nothing but good. I just hope LeBeau gets to stay under our next head coach in a few years. He's been nothing short of great, even had our ragtag defense playing top 5 D at one point last year.

Robinson and LeBeau could be special here.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I am the 5%...

8. JCBRAVE

how is a great DC not good for everyone's development?

Id understand if Ryan Succop was the one in question, but this only gets our QB more ready for week-1.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Because the players he's coaching and the guys Mariota is going up against aren't very good. We don't have any elite defenders. Our scrub WRs beating our scrub DBs doesn't mean anything.

Throwing the same system at a guy day after day doesn't have anything to do with figuring out what Jacksonville, Houston, or Indy are doing in the middle of the season with five days to prepare.

There is no game planning for training camp. The defense is installing things that they need to do and the offense is installing things that they need to do. It's all self scouting.

It's not a detriment, but I don't see how it helps. Mariota will be good or fail regardless of whether Big D is here or not. It depends on Mariota.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

Considering some of the best defenses in the league also implement the 3-4 and are on our schedule I dont see it as being a moot point this year.

LeBeau will have Mariota more ready vs Green Bay and Kansas City than anyone ever could.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar