LeBron and Gloat

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Titans2008, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Lol, you do realize that Kobe was the recipient of a free pass to the finals against the Trailblazers in the most infamous "refs won the game for them" game of all time, right? You do know that the jump into the defender who isn't in his personal space and get the foul call represents like 15% of Kobe's points, right? If LBJ gets the most calls, then Kobe is either 2nd or 3rd to maybe Dwyane Wade. I mean, you're just being a hypocrite at this point. For their careers, Kobe averages 7.5 FTA per 36 minutes and LBJ averages 8.0.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Refs and Kobe don't get along. That's pretty well known... so no.

Doesn't get NEAR the treatment Wade, Lebron, Durant, Rondo, etc get.

3. Deuce Wayne

He chokes even WITH the refs help.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

:ha: LeBron definitely is the best player on Wade's team, no debate about it. When A-Rod went to the Yankees, he became the best player on Jeter's team.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He may have been wrong on this one, but in general Gloat is pretty spot on with his predictions, so to throw this in his face is pretty sad...

6. Deuce Wayne

Says who? ESPN...?

I recall NY fans booing Arod for quite some time, actually.

Bron knows he's riding Wade's coat-tails. Everyone does.

7. GeronimoJackson

Who says he isn't? You?

Scoring can be a toss up, but I still give the edge to LeBron. LeBron is also the better defender and superior playmaker. LeBron isn't riding anyone's coat-tails, considering he leads in scoring, assists, steals(tied), and second in rebounding...on a team that's supposedly not even his.

And if you're gonna use the argument "well, Wade won with Shaq and LeBron didn't!" Save it, a deteriorating Shaq was still the best center in his conference at the time. Also, Cleveland has pretty much the same exact team minus LeBron this year and his amazing supporting cast has the worst record in the NBA, I think that rules out the "LeBron had plenty of good players around him to win a championship!" argument...

And NY fans booing A-Rod isn't even relevant, the point was another example of being the best player on someone's team.

8. Deuce Wayne

Lebron isn't a better defender. They trust Wade for all the key plays, stops, etc.

It's Wade's team. Regardless of what ESPN says.

9. GeronimoJackson

LeBron is the better overall defender. 1 on 1 man, Wade gets a slight edge because of his quicker hands and better footwork, but basketball isn't a 1 on 1 game. LeBron's size, strength, quickness, and freak of nature athletic athleticism makes him the much better off the ball defender, his versatility on defense has a much bigger impact on the game. Trust me, it's no coincidence LeBron was on the All-Defensive First Team back to back years. If you're getting ready to use the "LeBron only makes the All-Defensive Team because all he does is chase guys down from behind and spike the ball as hard as he can so it makes SportsCenter!" argument, no need, no highlight guys like Shane Battier and Tim Duncan making it says otherwise.

And even ESPN says it's Wade's team, no one is disagreeing with you on that. LeBron is the best player on Wade's team, since you didn't have much of a response to other things I refuted, I'll assume you now agree.

10. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

you can tell this is a football forum. yall dont know sht about basketball.

i was a heat fan before lebron. i remember wade that 2006 team on his back while shaq shat on the team name.

lebron is physically the best player in the NBA. his combination of speed and strength us unmatched. even magic johnson did not have a skill set like lebron has. lebron is not the best player because he is not smart. it is well documented that lebron is a ball hog and always has to have the ball in his hands in clutch situations. even at the detriment to his own team.

wade is a much smater player and knows when to do what. one of the reasons wade has a ring and lebron doesn't.

as far as the refs go. you have to remember the NBA is entertainment and is a busness. the NBA knows good and well that the fans dont pay to watch lebron, wade, kope etc foul out.

the best player in the nba right now is wade as far as being an all around player. he is smart, he is hands down the best slasher in the NBA, he is a good passer, a near lockdown defender, clutch, and he can hit the jumper when needed. kobe would be the best but his body cant deliver like it used to plain and simple

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar