LeBron and Gloat

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Titans2008, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Lebron is the greatest athlete in the world.

and about the 3rd best basketball player.

And his defensive name is around due to his chase-down goaltending blocks that they'll never call. Kind of like Jordan's carry.

2. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

lebron is actually a solid on ball defender. his chase down blocks are rarley if ever goaltending violations. a goaltend is when the ball is on its way down. its not a carry if your already in the air

3. Deuce Wayne

I'd say about 7/10 of them are clear goaltends. You can't block a layup typically unless it's practically still on the player's fingers.

He waits til the ball is in the air, then swats it. Hard for that not to be a goal-tend with a layup.

Benefits of being "the chosen one" I guess.

4. therealtrueblue

when he blocks it its usually in the air BUT ITS NOT ON THE WAY DOWN. if its not on the way down then its NOT A GOALTEND

5. Deuce Wayne

So you're telling me that him blocking guys 6'5+ doing a layup isn't getting the ball on the way down?

I'm 5'10 and the peak height I'd have to drop the ball in would be 3". Unless these guys are doing layups off their hips, it's goal-tending.

6. therealtrueblue

7. Deuce Wayne

Most were. The only ones that werent really were on Iverson (shorter than most) and the players that'd fade from the basket going in, so they'd add more arch.

You can't swat the ball at it's peak coming down. That's what he does in almost every one of those.

He also gets away with blocking shots that hit the backboard- which is a clear violation. They ignore the rules with the Queen though.

8. therealtrueblue

wow dude i give up. you need a rulebook and a new set of eyes

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Wade was a beast in the finals, but let's be realistic...97 free throws are why he has a ring. 97...LOL, which is an NBA record by the way. But I was still rooting for him and the Heat because there is only one team that I <b>hate</b> in the NBA: Dallas Mavericks, for their refs screwing my Houston Rockets the one and only year T-Mac and Yao were healthy together.

Like I said, LeBron is a better scorer, FAR better playmaker, and has a bigger impact on defense. And check this out, Wade has peaked while we haven't even seen the best of LeBron yet. LeBron's jump shot is only improving, his man defense is only improving, and just wait until he starts posting up...scary. Fans loyal to Wade, enjoy it while it lasts, because it will be LeBron's team when they win 3 championships.

On top of all that, again, "it's not even LeBron's team..." and he's beating Wade in points, assists, rebounds, and steals. So much for riding Wade's coat-tails, LOL. Unless you're a bitter Cleveland fan, I don't expect that kind of garbage from another human being.

LeBron is the best basketball player in the world and the only current player that's even allowed to fantasize about averaging a triple double. Wade is second...for now, wait until Spring when Kobe is healthy. And by the way, Wade is my favorite NBA player not playing for the Rockets.

10. Deuce Wayne

Kevin Durant is better than Lebron James. Kobe is 2nd. Lebron is 3rd.

But Lebron joining the Heat knocks him back when comparing him to true greats like KD and Kobe. They'll be legends. Lebron will be laughed at.

Take away layups and dunks (90% of Lebrons points... most in which are charges) and Lebron isn't even top 10 in the NBA.

He's Blake Griffin. Who cares?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar