Lebron James...The new Dominique Wilkins.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

So the guy runs the offense thru himself, plays the perimeter, and feeds off dunks and layups? Sounds kinda versatile to me

4. Deuce Wayne

Well, when you're built like Ben Wallace but have the speed of an SG...being versatile shouldn't be much of a challenge. The guy's a freak of nature athletically.
    Roided or not, he's a specimen. But that's all there is. Just pure athleticism. No true skill. He does pass really well, though.

I see him as the new Shawn Kemp. Dynamic, but not a real basketball player. He's a freak football tight-end playing basketball.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

OMG....I am about to get an infraction for calling you all kinds of names. You just compared The KING to Shawn Kemp. I am done with this argument cause you just showed your knowledge of basketball.

6. Deuce Wayne

I compared him to Kemp in athletic ability. You guys act like little kids when it comes to wearing your hearts on your sleeves for a player.

p.s. - He named himself "King". Which is hilarious to me.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

exactly.

you don't see Wade or Kobe in every other commercial or asking for the attention that lebron gets. Everything LeBron has was handed to him on a silver platter when he signed that $90 mil deal with Nike. What exactly has lebron done in the NBA?

Wade and Kobe had to work for their reputations and recognition. Both of them have rings. Like I said before, when LeBron gets a ring, he can enter the discussion. Until then, he should stick to his many commercials that include 5 of himself and nobody else, oh the irony.

9. Deuce Wayne

Ammo- Why not form a rebuttal of some sort. Explain that Lebron actually does have a jumpshot, he doesn't strictly rely on his athletic ability by driving to the lane to get all his points, and how he doesn't completely choke EVERY time the game is on the line...

I'll be waiting.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Allright...first lets discuss the "ring" situation. When Wade won a ring....did he have a dominate big man? When Kobe won a ring...did he have a dominate big man? You act like they did it on their own. Well let me tell you what Lebron has been doing.....everything on his own. He has never had a dominate number two...until this year with mo.

I am not down grading Kobe and Dwayne. They are both AMAZING damn players and yes, Kobe is more clutch than anyone in the NBA. I am not disputing that. I am disputing the total hate that seems to come from people who think Lebron is overated. He is what is good about the NBA. Dwayne is too when healthy. I like both of them, but Lebron is just a good jump shooter as Wade, but not Kobe. Maybe you do not watch Lebron play, and maybe your love for Kobe is tainting your view of him. Often times, when people get to much of something they start to hate it and find its faults. Lebron James haters are doing just this.

He has a great attitude. He is 23. There is no other player in the NBA who can get to the hoop like him...and its not even close. He does not dunk, he destroys the rim. And his defense? OUTSTANDING. He makes the other players around him better as well....and some say that is a fault. I think he should shoot the ball 4 out 5 times down the court. He should average 35 points a game instead of what...29?

You can pull all the Youtube clips you want, if I had to pick one player to start a franchise with in the entire NBA. It is Lebron James.

I am not going to post in this thread anymore. Regardless of what I say, you like and hate who you want. I know you. I have friends with the same attitude. You like to go against the grain. Its cool. Just dont compare Lebron to Shawn Kemp....LOL.

Lebron is one of ony reasons millions of people even watch the NBA anymore.

And to the dude who hates lebron because of his commercials? Not even worth replying to that.

Something to think about......there were people who were having this same discussion in the 90's. People who felt Mike was overated when he was 23-6. Give it time. Lebron will win 4-5 rings before he is done. And he will become clutch like Kobe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar