#leet doe

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

But he did jump the route ...

So McNair managed the game ... and Wilson is just like McNair ... So you are saying that Wilson managed the game (ie game manager)

There is nothing wrong with being a game manager. And there is nothing saying that a game manager can't make plays ... what makes him a game manager is that the team does not run through him. He is just like any other player in the fact that he gets his number called upon from time to time to help make plays to win the game, but the majority of the time he is used to manage the game efficiently.

When I think elite player, I think Rodgers or Brady or Manning ... they seem to do it almost all by themselves at times, and still win games.

Wilson is a good FB player no doubt, but not an Elite QB. He really does spend most of his time just trying to limit mistakes and take what the D gives him. There is nothing wrong with being a game manager, and he is a very good one at that ... how about we just all agree that Wilson is an Elite game manager.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Thaddeus43

At least Flacco lead his team to a SB win with multiple elite games through the playoffs.

Wilson lucked his way into the SB this year (onside kick) and hides behind his D and running game most of the time.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The point of "if he didn't jump the route" was to show just how close Wilson was to being considered elite and 520 having to shut his mouth. It was that great of a play by Butler though. One of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history. Better than Mike Jones's tackle of Dyson to keep him a yard short. If Butler doesn't jump that route, Lockette scores a TD, Wilson is named MVP, and no one is talking about what an awful call that was.

McNair was way way way more of a game manager (due to Fisher). He needed to be a game manager at the start of his career, but Fish held him back for far too long.

I already admitted Wilson wasn't elite (due to his decision at the end of the game). I said top 10 though. I think you'd have a really hard time naming 10 who are better right now. Wilson is damn good.

I know 520 can do it, but his opinion on the subject is invalid.

4. Thaddeus43

I'd agree top 10

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Thaddeus43

I think most QBs can be thrown into a few different buckets (*note: this is not a ‘ranking’)

Elite QBs (only a few in the league) – These QBs have the ability to lead their teams AND win games with very little help. The game plan is run through them. It seems no matter how good or bad the rest of the team around them is, they still find success

Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Rodgers

Franchise QBs (most of the ‘upper echelon’ type QBs) - Like the Elite QBs, the game plan is run through them, but they need a little more talent around them to become ‘contenders’. With a little help from some other players however, they still have a shot at leading their teams to a championship. They will often be seen as just on the outside of elite, but not quite there.

Flacco
    Rothelisberger
    Luck
    Rivers
    Romo
    Eli Manning
    Stafford
    Newton
    Matt Ryan
    Brees
    Foles (borderline)

Game managers (not always a bad thing) – Game managers can be very successful (even more successful than ‘franchise Qbs). The game plan is likely run through a different player, or part of the team. The game manager is asked to limit his mistakes and can make plays when needed, but is not the main focus of the Offense. They often need to be in a specific offense to have success, or have a very good team built around them.

Kaepernick
    Wilson
    Dalton
    Smith
    Hoyer
    Tannehill

Journeymen – A vet QB that is used as a stop-gap starter and not a long term answer at the position. He may still be able to win games, but is not a long term answer and is likely already grooming his replacement

Fitzpatrick
    Kyle Orton
    Michael Vick
    Palmer

Busts/just plain suck – Title says it all

RGIII
    EJ Manuel
    Geno Smith
    Bradford
    Locker
    Culter
    Glennon

Young guns – Just too early to tell

Mett
    Bortles
    Carr
    Bridgewater

I think that covers all the starts for the year (or majority time starters)

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I'd at Wilson ranks between 18-13

7. RavensShallBurn

The group you mashed Wilson with is so far beneath him it isn't even funny.

He's also undeniably better than Stafford, Eli, Flacco, and Cam. I just don't think you can argue it.

8. 520

It can be argued and I have thrown out facts when all you see is wins and losses. He has a correct layout of qb rankings.

9. RavensShallBurn

Facts? What are these facts? He has good players around him? Boo f*ckin' hoo.

What an elite WR corps and TE he has too, right?! Goes both ways.

It's been mentioned that the year Rodgers won the Super Bowl, their defense had the most takeaways in the league. When Brees won, the Saints defense led the league in takeaways. Well, by your elementaty logic that makes Mettenberger and Locker better than them.

Ruthlessraper would have 0 rings without his defense. I guess he's worse than Locker and Mettenberger too.

TEAM GAME.

I mean, I don't even know what else to tell you. You just don't get it. One day you'll understand.

10. 520

Tell me did any of those teams have the undeniable historically good #1 d #1 rush game and 27th ranked passing game????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar