Legarrette Blount update:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

They won 37-19. :rolleyes:

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Man, a lot of people are bitter about this. Pretty harsh for a fairly minor decision. If you're that critical of these things, I hope you give the team some serious props for getting the big ones right (you know, C.J., Britt, and Griffen).

Blount didn't look better than Ringer in camp/preseason. He did, however, look like a heavy, goal line, change of pace back. I wanted him.

The bottom of the roster is rough. We tried to move Blount to the practice squad, but another team scooped him up. Same thing would have happened to Rusty if we'd cut him instead of Blount, and this last week we would have been one more hit away from having no QB. Oh, yeah, we shouldn't have signed that LB for special teams... the one that recovered the fumble today and had a special teams tackle in every game until Jacksonville.

It's the same thing that happened to us with Antonio Johnson, who has been a solid DT starter for the Colts. Good enough to start in the NFL, but not better than our starters. That's the sign of having a good and deep team.

Sorry that there's less for you to complain about. I know you'll find something though.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He actually was more consistent than Ringer in the preseason. Ringer was looking pretty terrible then broke a few long runs where no one touched him- saving his ypc.

But again- that doesn't matter.

We cut Blount for some loser to play special teams. Saying we tried to move him to the practice squad means we tried something STUPID. Everyone but Fisher and Co knew Blount would be claimed in a heartbeat.

So yes, there is something to complain about.

4. Deuce Wayne

Uh... so did Donnie Nickey. Want to tell me how he's better than Ed Reed?

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I wish I had the ability to see into alternate realities like you.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It does come in handy. As does playing special teams for a #3 RB on the Titans in order to be active on gameday.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You can have your opinion on Blount v. Ringer, as long as you acknowledge that it is clearly not the only opinion. Many disagree with you.

Cut him for some loser who plays special teams, and has made several contributions to the season already. Have you read any of the articles about why we're scoring so many points because our field position is significantly better this year than last year? If not, let me directly to this...

http://totaltitans.com/2010-articles/october/field-position-and-the-titans-offensive-success.html

Those points make the difference between us being 5-2, and being 3-4. I'll take the best record in the division.

8. Deuce Wayne

lmao if you think some bum we signed on STs is what made a 2 game difference for this team you're off your rocker.

But it seems you truly believe that.

Any other bum could do what that clown is doing. Here's my question... is that guy a potential starter?

Didn't think so.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Special teams looked pathetic in the preseason. Patrick Bailey has 8 tackles so far. Shaw has 10 tackles. I assume both are on return units as well where the Titans rank #6 in the league in kickoff return average and #10 on punt returns.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Right because players NEVER get better on special teams, we are really deep at running back so an injury wont affect us at all and Blount wouldn't have been a good investment for the future at all, it's best to JUST focus in on the now. Got it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar