Leinart or Young?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Brian, Mar 14, 2006.

?
  1. Matt Leinart

62.2%
  2. Vince Young

29.7%
  3. Other (If you pick this option, you're not really a Titans fan)

8.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

the reason i say cutler is pick

Saints lost D. Howard take Mario Williams, now that they have Brees,
    WE trade down WITH JETS OR RAIDERS & Cutler becuse he has as good
    a chance of being the best of the 3,Nobody knows plus we pick up a 2nd .

2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Leinart

But if we had to "settle" for Young, that wouldn't be so bad ;)

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That would make a great T-shirt if the Titans get Leinart.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't get it. Forcing passes is always a bad thing. Shaq has a bad habit of being a poor free throw shooter. When the next huge fat guy comes out of the draft and shoots poorly at the line, the scouts don't say "OHHHHH GOOOOODY ANOTHER SHAQ..... WE GOTTA GET ON THIS !!!!!".

Shaq is great in spite of his weakness. Cutler isn't necessarily great just because he shares a weakness in common with a good (not great imo) player.

5. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

May be a bit of topic but..... How is Favre NOT a great player?

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He refuses to stop throwing dumb passes just because he knows they won't bench him. He has to realize that throwing dumb passes ends up badly more times than not, yet he still does it. He has put up big numbers his entire career. Yea, big deal. I would like to see how many games he has failed to attempt 30 passes in a game as well.

Him calling out Javon Walker really made me sour towards him too. I mean the guy puts up a ton of yards and he is scheduled to make near the league minimum iirc. Why shouldn't he get paid ? I can see why Favre would say that with his huge long term deal... maybe he should have to take a pay cut out of that huge contract every time he throws a pick ? Even worse, as far as I know, he never appologized to Walker for basically costing him probably 10's of millions of dollars.

But that's way off topic lol...

7. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

alright just wanted to here your reasoning, good enough! lol

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Because Favre told Walker a fourth year WR, to get his a$$ in camp, he cost him 10s of millions of dollars.:sad2: This is how TO's are made, you don't cowar(sp) to egotistical WRs, becuase this just belies them with a sense of power and control. The most unstable players on any team are WRs and DBs. All this was, was a perfect example of Karma coming back to rip up Javon Walker's knee, that will teach you to open your big mouth and take the unprofessional advice of your unstable agent. Look where this got you, as opposed to getting an extension midway through the season. Favre tried to protect Walker from being compared to and annointed into the MeyShawn and Terrell Owens selfish society, but Walker dug his grave and now he's rehabbing out of it.:greedy:

9. MTHOMPS627

MTHOMPS627 Guest

Billy?

What is going to happen with Volek? I am still not sure why we need to draft a QB. Volek is a great QB and has sat quitely waiting for his shot. Why pay top 5 pick money on a QB that has to be groomed when Volek is primed and ready. You can't tell me we have had him here all this time just to prep him for another team and honestly was quarterback our problem, NO! Thornton, Mawae, Givens and Hope are fantastic pick ups and as far as I am concerned we are just 1 more OL away from heading full throttle forward in the right direction. Honestly if McNair went down with another sternum injury let's say in week 4, and with his track record lately you would be a fool to think it couldn't happen, then what? Rookie or Volek?We have an all pro in McNair and a back-up in Volek that could start on just about any other team in the league. How many teams can say that! Lets throw a wrench in the whole shabang and take the Brick. Think about that, Roos, Pillar, Mawae, Olson and DeBrick up front with McNair with Bennett, Givens, Kinney, Troupe and Brown!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway it was just a suggestion.

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I wouldn't say Volek is primed and ready. He may be ready for his shot, but he isn't primed. Either way we will be drafting our future QB within this next two or three years, so why would we pass up on one of these three QB's to wait for next years and year following's batch of QB's who will undoubtedly not be as talented.

I wouldn't mind taking D'Brick then Omar Jacobs in the second, or we could wait 'til next year to address QB, but I'd rather take one of the big 3 QB's this year.

BTW Leinart won't play like a rookie next year if we draft him. He already knows Chow's offense like the back of his palm, he'd only have to adjust to the speed of the game and NFL defenses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar