Leinart struggling

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I guess the Cards are "just who we thought they were"...

I see heads rolling in the offseason in the desert if they don't turn things around.

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

had that been VY against the raiders, everybody would have been saying he isn't ready or he can't be an nfl qb....

with leinart, nothing...just a bad game from the qb who should have been the top qb taken in the draft...

crap....leinart and vince are going to be held to different standards their whole career....just crap...

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

In fairness, Young hasn't had the big passing game yet to prove anything. Leinart did last Monday.

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

regardless of leinarts good game last week....the media narrative is that leinart is great, no matter the result...he will get a lot more leaway in making rookie mistakes...

but vince will not get that same leaway...he plays good, but his completion percentage wasn't good enough and that is the stat the talking heads will use to make their point (AGAIN!) that leinart is a better nfl qb....

it's like these analyst went out and predicted leinart better on draft day, so now instead of analyzing games in an objective manner, they want to cheery pick stats and performances to prove that what they said on draft day was correct...

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I can't wait for Cutler to start. Per ESPN that may be happening sooner than later.

6. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

Vince has a win, and the Titans did not need to pass much in that game. Plus, when they did need to (or decide to) pass, Vince had some big time throws.

But I agree with others, judging these guys week to week is not going to give you any insight into their long term success. Since it is all we have to go on, it will of course be discussed, but it only gets annoying when people try to make some general statement (i.e. "Vince is a bust" or "we should have taken Leinart") based on a very limited sampling of games. The best part about Leinart struggling this week is that it might actually prevent some of that annoying crap when Vince does have a bad game from time to time.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I completely agree.

8. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i doubt it...when a talking head is wanting to prove his draft insight correct, a bad game for leinart will be overlooked or written off the cardinals dysfunction...a bad game for Vince will be the proof they needed that vince is not ready or nfl material....:rolleyes:

9. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

It's already starting zack unfortunately. The excuses for Leinart's performance are pouring in. They are saying that this organization is in disarray and that's why Leinart didn't have a good game. Give me a break. A week ago he was in a great situation.

When VY had a pretty bad game against Dallas.(not as bad as Leinarts yesterday) Everyone was saying he is a rookie and needs to get better.

I believe the same should have been said yesterday about Leinart. It wasn't and probably won't be today. Well, I take that back. Merrill Hoge always comes through in the clutch.:yes:

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Is Edge still a Hall of Famer or does he suck now too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar