Leinart struggling

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

In the eyes of the media he's still HoF, it's the O-line who is selling him short (which is true to a point). However from what I've seen of Arizona their line isn't THAT bad in pass protection and many times have I seen Leinart with the option to step up or roll away from the pressure, so blaming his poor performance solely on them isn't fair either.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

sure it is. edge didnt forget how to run. and it's not like edge is the only one who is doing poorly behind that o-line. jj arington is the only back on that roster averaging 4 YPC with 5 rushes for 20 yards. 9 of those 20 yards came on one run. so this isnt like in 2001 when eddie george was averaging 2.7 and skip hicks was averaging over 4.

we've seen how an offensive line can be good pass protectors and not good run blockers right here in tennessee the past two years. it happens.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't see Edge as a HOF. I look at him like Eddie George. The HOF does not need Edge or Eddie to tell the history of the NFL. So they are both out, depsite being great players.

The HOF, however, wants Vince Young. He's a star waiting to happen.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:rolleyes:

5. I think we can all agree (well, some) that these 2 QB's are gonna be great, and will all have their measures of success...#

We haven't seen Cutler do anything yet...

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

In fairness Leinart has not had a RB run for 178 yards in a game either.
    Also, Green decides to fire the OC with a rookie QB and a short week. Imagine Young losing his OC and not having any running game. Unless the Cardinals can get a better running game Leinart is going to have some bad games. I still think he will be a high quality passer in this league.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

8. By that I meant I couldn't comment on what he has done, cos he has had no playing time, no sarcasm...

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

sorry took it the wrong way

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

I will not argue that Leinart will not be a high quality passer in this league...

I am tired of the leinart-young comparisons on the various NFL shows and how they look for any excuse for leinart (see above in your post) and look for any reason to bash Vince (he won, but his completion percentage is not good enough)....i wish we had people that would just analyze without trying to prove they were right on draft day....

and oh ya...go titans!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar